Best "metal" amp head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    the dual recs sure sounded tight last time I saw Nevermore. They sounded amazing
    alright when jeff loomis plays it it sounds tight but rectos are not tight
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
      alright when jeff loomis plays it it sounds tight but rectos are not tight
      That dick sounds best with his Recto..man, I hate Rectos. Works for him.

Can't wait to hear him with his Engl.
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
        That dick sounds best with his Recto..man, I hate Rectos. Works for him.

Can't wait to hear him with his Engl.
        I don't get how he can get rid of the fizz his might have been modded. I hate rectos to but I think the roadster sounds pretty good not as loose as a normal recto and not much fizz either. I've also never really liked engls much but I'm sure jeff can make anything sound good. They should make jeff his own signature engl he definetly deserves it.
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I've read from different sources that Mesa tends to bias their amps very cold, which is a major reason why people feel they are "fizzy".

Never owned a Mesa amp before, so I don't personally know... but try to change the bias, see if that helps.

- Leo.

Comment

Hmmmm... Which do you like gmbob22??
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Carvin V3, gotta pay off some credit cards, then ill hit the bay up for one, have looked and tried out everything, bought a old peavey poweramp and was going to build a rack, sold it to a friend for his rack and going to just get a head

HARD to beat the V3 for features and price

Comment

MTS is the best bang for $

Comment

not IMO,

Comment

Working...
                  X