My SKB PS-25 Pedalboard sucks.. I think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SKB PS-25 Pedalboard sucks.. I think

I don't know what you guys think but here is what I think.
    The loops and the inputs/outputs are excellent.
    The central power in jack is excellent.
    The soft case is excellent providing nothing falls on it.
    The platform where the pedals attach with velcro is nice and the perfect size.
    It also sucks moose dong because it flex's too much. Its like a frikkin trampoline. I am not digging it.. not digging it at all.
    My band has a ton of shows booked and we have roadies carrying our gear and in the process of learning to set up our stage. I need a new pedalboard that is more pro. This thing is not cool.. not cool at all.
    At the gig Saturday night I had 1 instance where the pedal board flexed and one of the patch cords started to come out. I found it in 2 seconds and thats a good thing because we were in the middle of our 3rd song at the time. We were shooting a video and an audio feed off of the board. That song was ruined. That can't happen again.
    I need something that is road worthy. I am even considering a multi-effects processor like an ME-50. I don't want to go midi. Been there... done that.
    Most likely I will need to go with a stable pedal board. I need something that a roadie can't break. I would also like it to be housed in a road case.

With a hardshell case, Pedaltrain makes a nice product.
    Some vendors are selling the boards with the Voodoo Lab Pedal Power II's in a package deal.

If you're looking something more extravagant, and have the cash, check out Trailer Trash boards.
    You can find sellers on ebay selling the basic boards, or you can go straight
    to the Trailer Trash web site (recommended) and check out the custom wired boards.
    Nice stuff…expensive, but very nice stuff.

A multi-effect unit might be a wise move.
    The upside is one chord in, one chord out; easy to use, easy to move; and I doubt it’ll flex.
    The downside is you’re stuck with the sounds with whatever unit you buy...
    meaning you don’t get a (for example) Tube Screamer, you get ME 50 overdrive.
    You’d have to decide if that’s good or bad.

Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Biff Montana; 05-18-2009, 10:22 PM.

Comment

I love my Black kross Pedalboard ive taken it to a few shows now and its taken a good beating and still looks new.

Edit: Model Number SK-110B Guitar Center can order them they are about 120 bucks

Comment

"Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Have you considered the L6 M13? I am running mine with 4 cable method into an Uber or JCM800. Really killer little unit. You can have tube screamers or whatever in the front and delays etc in the loop. Totally programmable with 12 different "scenes" (virtual pedalboards) so there is a lot of functionality there as well. As for a pedal board the pedaltrain PT-2 fits the M13, a vol pedal and a wah just perfectly.

Comment

Working...
          X