Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help! Marshall 2210 loop: line or instrument level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help! Marshall 2210 loop: line or instrument level?

I want to try an Ada MP-1 into the effects return, and it has a switch for line or instrument level. Which one is the correct for my JCM 800 2210?

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
    I want to try an Ada MP-1 into the effects return, and it has a switch for line or instrument level. Which one is the correct for my JCM 800 2210?

which ever one sounds better. My guess is line.

Comment

What year is it? My 2210 has a Direct out with a volume control, a loop but no switch. Yours must be a newer model. you may want to try setting the amp to clean and running through the front. But as the other guy said,whatever sounds best.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        which ever one sounds better. My guess is line.
        +1. Rack gear is usually line level and pedals are instrument level.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Well, i tried both, but all i got was a loud hum and VERY high volume considering master on the amp was set at zero, and the level out control on the Ada the same.

I didn't want to fry the amp so i just turned it of and used it without the Ada as usual.

What did I do wrong? No big deal if it does not work out as it wasn't my preamp anyway and i propably just should get a 5150 instead as I'm looking for a more modern kind of tone, but if someone has any idea what i did wrong that would be great. I just used a preset on the Ada that i had not tried before, but the guy i borrowed it from said it sounded descent when used with his small solid state Peavey at home and we have a similar taste in tone.

Comment

Run it through the front on the clean channel.

Comment

Working...
            X