Need a 2x12 cab for my JSX head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a 2x12 cab for my JSX head

I sold my Line6 4x12 cab so I'm looking for some suggestions on a 2x12 to get to compliment my JSX head. My budget is around $300 to $400 bones.

Supposedly the JSX speakers are modeled off v30's if I remember correctly so I may wait til their 2x12 cab comes out or I was looking at getting...
    Avatar Vintage with hellatone 60's
    Used Mesa or Legacy cab

If any one has a JSX, what are your experiences on which cab/speakers work the best?

the jsx cab.
    if you go Avatar, don't get the Hellatone 60's - get the Hellatone 30's instead. way way better.
    the 60's have a very harsh midrange spike. and while i love midrange, they were just not pleasant to the ears at all.
    Last edited by Dreamland_Rebel; 05-26-2009, 03:27 PM.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You might consider trying one of these:

I've got a V3 4x12 cab with Celestion V30s. Sounds killer with my JSX. Can't say for sure the Legacy 2x12 will sound the same but, with the same speakers, it should be pretty similar.

Comment

Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 cab, powerful, does loud and clean mello stuff both very well.
        In general, its a great 2x12 cab I own and know first hand what it can do.
        I wouldn't lie or mislead you, the G-Flex is the way to go if your wanting a 2x12 cab.
        Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

the only thing about the hellatone 30's is that they are 30 watts, so that wouldn't be a good idea unless I pull the two outer tubes

what type of speaker do the G-Flex ones most resemble?

Comment

whats a good price for a used g-flex?? there is one locally that might be still available for $350 OBO

Comment

That is indeed a good price for a G-Flex. I have the 2x12" Tribal series cab and it does plenty of good stuff too, but I would certainly like to add a second G-Flex for max oomph.
              There is no "team" in "Fuck You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Fedz22 View Post
                what type of speaker do the G-Flex ones most resemble?
                Here's some info and some reviews as well.
                Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ? guaranteed low price, ? free shipping, ? 0% financing, ? 8% back in rewards.
                Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

For clean sounds gt12t-75's. Dirty go with v30's.

Comment

Working...
                  X