home recording/ overlaying multiple tracks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home recording/ overlaying multiple tracks

I want a home recording device that I can use to overlay guitar and instrument tracks one on top of another. For example I want to record a rythm and then record/overlay a solo on it then I might want to record/overlay a bass track on that. I don't want the device to be computer software based because I am in the computer buisisness and hate staring at a computer when I am playing. I feel like I am still working when I do that. If I have to use a computer to download the tracks from it that is ok but I don't want to have to use the computer to record and mix. Is there such a product that can do what I am asking? I am a noobie so please suggest the easiest to use.

Thanks
    Hugh

look at the variety of work stations from roland and tascam. people seem very happy with those. they do what you want.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

K thanks can you be more specific like a model number or two?

Comment

Boss BR1600CD or one of the other models if that is too much for you. The 1600 is great unit.
        http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

i don't use them. i have different studio equipment, like in a commercial studio. my friends use them and they are happy. sorry i can't tell yu more.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Check out the Tascam stuff. I have a Tascam DP-01 CDFX. I think there is a newer vesrion of it by now. Its a multi track recorder with built in effects and then you can burn your finished worked onto the built in CD burner. You don't have to stare at a computer at all This is an 8 track recorder and of course you can bounce the tracks to get much more if you need to.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
            X