Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

peavey 6505+, Mesa mark v or mesa dual rect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
    Actually its not as hard as it seems. The Randall was mentioned earlier and this seems like a better choice in this situation than the Mesas and Peaveys. Thats the beauty of the Randall RM100, slap in a 1086 (Dan Donegan) module or one of the Ultra type modules and there's your real heavy tone. Pop in a Tweed, or Blackface and there's your blues tone. And there are modules to suit everything in between. Its also a very easy amp to dial in. In fact, with 3 pre-amp slots you can have all the tones mentioned eaerlier loaded into the amp at once. Step on the appropriate channel button with the provided footswitch and you can flip between those tones instantly live. I also own a Dual Recto and while I like it, it can't compete with the Randall for versatility. Check out the Randall RM100
    Agree 100%. There really isn't a more versatile amp out there today. This is definitely the route I would go if I were in your situation.
    Good deals with:
    Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

khabibissell nailed it with the rectos description. My feelings exactly.

Comment

Check out a Marshall JVM 410H - Killer cleans all the way up to OD2. More gain then you will ever need, nicest clean of any Marshall and it has everything in between. Run it thru a Celestion greenback cab and you're in tone heaven - at least I am.

Comment

I havent played thru a Mark V amp but Mark IV amps are also very good, very pricey though.If you want an amp that covers all styles of music you want to play, try Line 6 Flexitone or Spider series etc which are amp modelling amps that simulate amp settings and sounds from a large range of amps from Marshall to fender to Mesa. Nothing beats a real amp sound though, depends if you want to use for live purposes or simply to jam in the bedroom. If budgets arent an a worry then go for the Mesa Mark V .
          Last edited by loose Cannon; 06-08-2009, 02:10 AM.
          I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Working...
          X