mxr phaser $80 pedal, question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mxr phaser $80 pedal, question

Hi just bought used one and its a bit over powering I have it in the loop and thats were its sound best. Anyway to tame it down? prob have the wrong pedal!
    EVh Wolfgang/frankenstein pup
    1959Epiphone les paul
    george L cables
    mxr pedals
    Engl fireball 100

Than you should try EVH version of that pedal.
    Whith script knob engaged,the phase is more subtile

Comment

Easy solution. Pick yourself up a Boss LS-2. Put the phaser in the loop of the LS-2. The LS-2 has a mix control so you can adjust the wetness of either of the 2 loops you put your phaser in. Leave the phaser on all the time and when you want phase, just step on the LS-2. I use the LS-2. I have a tuner in one of the loops and some other noisy effects in the other. Its a GREAT pedal. I will power your other pedals too.

Comment

I did the mods on the pedal sounds fine now!
        Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.
        1959Epiphone les paul
        george L cables
        mxr pedals
        Engl fireball 100

Comment

The so-called "R28" mod helps a lot with a stock re-issue Phase 90. I have the '74 Custom Shop version and it doesn't have that big, unwanted boost and the heavy mid emphasis. I have heard that the EVH Phase 90 is pretty similar when in the "Script" mode.
          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

If I use it in the front end it ok but sound quality seems better in the loop, so the evh in script mode wont do this then?
            1959Epiphone les paul
            george L cables
            mxr pedals
            Engl fireball 100

Comment

if you are going for the EVH sound he did'nt have any mods done, the pedal was set almost to the slowest speed (all the way to the left, then back up about 1/8 of an inch and you will have his eruption sound).

Comment

Working...
              X