Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall EL34 100/100 running very hot...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall EL34 100/100 running very hot...

I'm using a Marshall EL34 100/100 Dual Monobloc with a JMP1 in the same rack case. Thing is, the Marshall EL34 gets extremely hot, so hot that you can't touch the front panel or the front panel of the JMP1 sat above it. Even the recessed controls are too hot to touch. Is this normal?

be carefull putting your preamp right above your poweramp. those marshall's run hot as hell. but damn do they sound good that way. i don't know how big your rack is, but it would be a good idea to have an empty space between the two.
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Yes, and you better get a fan to cool things off or bad things will happen.

A 100 watt marshall uses 375 watts of power from an outlet. Multiply that by two, and you have almost 800 watts of heat being generated in little rack. How hot does a 300 watt halogen bulb get? An 800 watt hair dryer?

Comment

Oooh...I never had this prob. It does get warm and there's a fan back there. It's prolly all dusty tho.

If my poweramp ever got THAT hot I wouldn't know what to do. I'd prolly just shove a Pop Tart in there or sumthin'.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
          Oooh...I never had this prob. It does get warm and there's a fan back there. It's prolly all dusty tho.

If my poweramp ever got THAT hot I wouldn't know what to do. I'd prolly just shove a Pop Tart in there or sumthin'.
          :ROTF: At least use the frosted kind of Pop Tart Bill Another friend of mine (who is coincidentally also a Bill) does amp and guitar repair work. Better get that dust out of the fan and amp there Bill! He sees quite a bit of that and it can destroy amps overheating them.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
          X