Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
    Sorry man wasnt to fond of the randall and im looking for a head anyway
    The RM100 is a head only. Besides, you didn't hear but one of the modules, right? There are many other modules plus there are modded modules. For example I have a stock XTC and a modded XTC by Pete (Twisteramps on JCF). Likewise, I have an SL+ and another which is modded by Pete. Anyway, if you truly don't like it thats o.k. Lots of other amps out there for you to try, its all good
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Ya my friend only has the xtc, brown and some cean one so its going to be hard to play some of the other modules wasnt trying to put down the amp kills the jvm
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Anthrax- spreading the disease
        A Mesa Mark III will nail that tone. Be caused that is what is was recorded with. I don't know what stripe though, given the time frame it was most likely a black or purple.

Comment

Mesa's are like Les Paul's, every one of them is a bit different from the next, get out and play some shit, all I can say. Hopefully you live in a place where you can go play a variety of amps along with some boutique stuff like the Bogner's/VHT/SlO. Don't be confused by the Line 6 Bog's either, big diff!

As for the Randall stuff, I honestly don't know how anyone can "not" like them, you've got just about every tone you'd every want with a handful of mods, add a decent para eq, you can dial in the rest. I personally like the brown a lot, almost reminds me of a good ol plexi, you can dial that fkr in pretty nicely with the right mix of pup and gain!

Either way, good luck bro! Remember, tone is all relative!
          Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Originally posted by themisfit138 View Post
            Anthrax- spreading the disease
            A Mesa Mark III will nail that tone. Be caused that is what is was recorded with. I don't know what stripe though, given the time frame it was most likely a black or purple.
            Nah your thinking of among the living spreading the disease was most likely a marshall
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by Strangletooth View Post
              Mesa's are like Les Paul's, every one of them is a bit different from the next, get out and play some shit, all I can say. Hopefully you live in a place where you can go play a variety of amps along with some boutique stuff like the Bogner's/VHT/SlO. Don't be confused by the Line 6 Bog's either, big diff!

As for the Randall stuff, I honestly don't know how anyone can "not" like them, you've got just about every tone you'd every want with a handful of mods, add a decent para eq, you can dial in the rest. I personally like the brown a lot, almost reminds me of a good ol plexi, you can dial that fkr in pretty nicely with the right mix of pup and gain!

Either way, good luck bro! Remember, tone is all relative!
              I live 45 minutes away from wild west guitars so im good
              Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                5150/6505?
                Normally I would agree with that suggestion wholeheartedly. A old 5150 is my main amp, and great for metal in general... But if a really good clean channel is really important to your style, you might want to look at other options.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                  Nah your thinking of among the living spreading the disease was most likely a marshall
                  Yeah you are right, but that means they could of used a red stripe also.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    You do realize that Malmsteen's tone is WAY different than all the others you mentioned.
                    I would look at Soldano and Bogner.
                    lol. I was thinking the same thing about YJM too.

Add maybe Splawn in there too.

Comment

Originally posted by skintaster View Post
                      Normally I would agree with that suggestion wholeheartedly. A old 5150 is my main amp, and great for metal in general... But if a really good clean channel is really important to your style, you might want to look at other options.
                      I tried a 6505 I wouldn't consider it a good amp for thrash and also I really didnt like the lead tones I got out of it
                      Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                        lol. I was thinking the same thing about YJM too.

Add maybe Splawn in there too.
                        I want to try out a splawn so bad but my nearest shop that carries them Wild west guitars just sold its only one
                        Jackson Shred

Comment

Working...
                        X