Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I trade my JCM800 2210 for a JVM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I run mine with a volume control in the loop and it sounds dam good at bedroom levels.

Comment

I can't wait until tomorrow...

ooops... Meant to start a new thread...

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stump View Post
        Framus Dragon or Cobra no hands down if you want a non-hissy tube amp w/ all the gain you could ever responsibly use. The JVM is a good amp but remember, all the "newer" Marshalls are based on the 900 platform albeit some newer mods

The best Marshall I have EVER owned was my EL-34 loaded 900 SL-X. In fact, I had three of them
        Joe Stump,
        I did not know that all the newer marshalls were based on the jcm 900 platform?? I do know that the jvm 410 is a killer amp because of all the features it has, but then again it is something that has a lot that can potentially have issues that could be real expensive to fix. Which EL34s did you have in your sl-x amps?? I just upgraded from a 90 jcm 900 mk3 2100 to my 94 jcm 900 mk4 sl-x 2100 and after a fresh set of jj e34l tubes and jj ecc883s preamp tubes as well as having the bias circuit modded to accomodate the hotter el34 series tubes. This sl-x is a beast among beasts to say the least. The guy I got the amp from, had EH el34s installed and the shop that did the install, did not change the bias resistor as well as did not even bias the amp when they changed from 5881s to el34s. The shop did not even replace the crappy stock marshall ecc83 preamp tubes. Now this SL-X os the best sounding Marshall I have ever played since I got it re-tubed and properly biased!

Now back onto the subject about trading the amp, dont get me wrong the jcm 800s are great amps, but so is the jvm 410.. If you want a higher gain amp that is more versatile, then look at the jvm 410, dsl or even the 6100 *which I hear these marshalls are great clean and has a ton of gain*.. Now if you want a single channel amp that will still have a decent clean tone and have more gain with out having to use a distortion pedal as well as you want to hold on to your jcm 800, look at the sl-x, especially with the tubes I had installed in mine, it can get a great clean tone and still play death metal with out a distortion pedal or even a o/d pedal in front of it...

Cheers,
        Charlie
        Amps
        1994 Marshall JCM 900 SL-X 2100
        Line6 Spider 3 30 watt

Guitars
        1985 Fender Strat MIJ '62 Reissue Fiesta Red
        2006 Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine White
        1992 Jackson Professional Rhoads Pro
        2005 ESP LTD MHB 400
        2006 Martin D16 GT

Comment

I have a Mesa Stilleto Duece which nails the hot rodded Marshall tone like no other I`ve come across, maybe a Splawn would be another choice for that hot rod JCM crunch with a Van Halen flavour

Check this clip of Andy Timmons demonstrating the Mesa Stilleto...

www.vendetta-theband.com
          www.atomhawk.com

Comment

I can't argue with the Stiletto being one of the best "hot-rodded Marshalls" on the market right now. I wish that I had never sold mine...it really didn't have any weaknesses IMO.

Comment

I had one and it was modded to Stage 2. It sounded great. Probably shoul have kept that one too!!

Comment

Working...
              X