I can't wait until tomorrow...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't wait until tomorrow...

I just traded my Mesa F-100 for a Mesa Single Rec Solo head tonight. It's a little too late to play though. I think I'll have my "most perfect rig" now - Bogner Alchemist head, Mesa Single Rec head, into Marshall 1936 w/G75's. Yesssssss..... The Mesa will cover the ground that the Bogner kinda wusses out on.

Pics to follow in a day or so...it'll be a most righteous stack!!

I love the Single Recto. Great amp. You really can't get a bad tone out of it.

Comment

John - totally kickass amp. Lots of sounds on tap, and much like my Rectoverb I stupidly sold, very controllable and tasteful. Funny thing - on recorded music, I tend to not like Mesa much, but LOVE Marshall. It's the total opposite when I play them myself - I can't make a Marshall sound good to my ears, but it's been pretty easy with the Mesa's I've owned.

Here's some updated rig pics:

Comment

Let's run down rigs over the last couple years - this is fun... In order newer to older.

Fun stuff... Takes me back over about the last 10 years...

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          Let's run down rigs over the last couple years - this is fun... In order newer to older.

Fun stuff... Takes me back over about the last 10 years...
          And DAMN! Do you love gear.
          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Yeah...a new amp (to me) every year or so. Keeps me interested. I think I've got a winning pair now though that I'll hold on to a bit.

Comment

Which version did you get? I had the version 2 and it was a great amp. I have had a few recto's and that one was my favorite. Great reverb. Lots of tones in that box.

Comment

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
                Which version did you get? I had the version 2 and it was a great amp. I have had a few recto's and that one was my favorite. Great reverb. Lots of tones in that box.
                My Rectoverb was a V1. The Single Rec Solo is a V2 with EL34's. It flat out KILLS. I like the Rectoverb a little better though - smoother.

Comment

chrisolson - you're not honestly going to tell us you never had a Gorilla??!!! lol
                  Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                    chrisolson - you're not honestly going to tell us you never had a Gorilla??!!! lol
                    No Gorilla, but I DID have a Crate G20C... Even worse yet...a Marshall DSL401!!

Comment

Question:
                      Do you own a jackson? Not seeing one in the pics, just curious.
                      I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                        Question:
                        Do you own a jackson? Not seeing one in the pics, just curious.
                        :think: Hmmm... Not right at this moment. I've owned MANY though. :idea: Does the Jim Root tele come close enough?? It's made by FMIC and the guy was a Charvel AND Jackson endorsee for a bit.

Actually, I've got my eye on a couple different new US Production Charvels. I gotta see what my stock goes for on Monday though. I'm getting A/C put into my 100-year-old house next Friday, and it's gonna cost me about $6K - ouch...

I've kinda cut down on my "allowable space" for guitar gear too -- I have lots of expensive hobbies, all the while trying to keep a marriage together!

Comment

Wow...Yamaha T50! Been awhile since ive seen one of these?
                          And you still win the "I own the baddest Preamp ever" award!
                          Soldano series II !~ Empressive, young jedi!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                            Wow...Yamaha T50! Been awhile since ive seen one of these?
                            And you still win the "I own the baddest Preamp ever" award!
                            Soldano series II !~ Empressive, young jedi!
                            I miss that T50 more than any amp I've ever had. It was all that... It sounded nearly identical to the Soldano SP77, so I sold that to Neddi - for $350 or something like that. They're going for almost double now...

Comment

Working...
                            X