Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tube preamp for peavey 60/60

Bought a peavey classic 60/60 tube power amp

need reccomendations for a tube preamp to run for a very SIMPLE rack setup, just power and pre-amp

I like my Marshall JMP-1.
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

ADA MP-1, stock or one with the 3TM (3 tube mod).

Comment

I really like my Rocktron Piranha, very easy to use and sounds great.

Has a built in noise gate as well which is very handy.

Comment

Engl e 530 anyone???

Comment

Depends, how much do you wanna spend and what kinda tone do you like.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Randall rm-4 is a great choice, I couldn't be happier with mine.

Comment

want 80's thash metal type tone on the "lead" channel

think kreator, or slayer
                Last edited by gmbob22; 06-20-2009, 09:19 PM.

Comment

JMP-1. That's my language, and posted stuff a while ago in the mp3 section. Also posted old VH clips using Peavey 120/120 and JMP-1. Does it to the T's without dropping alot of coin.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                    JMP-1. That's my language, and posted stuff a while ago in the mp3 section. Also posted old VH clips using Peavey 120/120 and JMP-1. Does it to the T's without dropping alot of coin.
                    yeah, but does it have enough gain???

Comment

Rocktron Voodu Valve has plenty of gain and sounds real good.
                      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                        yeah, but does it have enough gain???
                        I wouldn't have it if it didn't. I don't use stomps. The VV is nice too..but a bit darker sounding. I prefer the Marshall.

Comment

ENGL e530, and g major with a midi pedal has it, should be able to just about anything with that and it be compact and super easy

Comment

Working...
                          X