ISP differance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP differance

I am starting to build a amp rig around a splawn quickrod I'm going to order. I just wanted to know if the isp decimator g string pedal works as good as the rack if not is the rack unit worth the extra $280
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
    I am starting to build a amp rig around a splawn quickrod I'm going to order. I just wanted to know if the isp decimator g string pedal works as good as the rack if not is the rack unit worth the extra $280
    I tried the ISP decimator stand alone pedal, I think if you run high enough gain and that loud, then its probably useful, My solution has always been, turn down the amp and Mic it if you need volume, you can bash me if you want, but thats what most bands do. You wont feedback, you'll have shit in the monitors, fuck you probably do mic it, you just want to be absolutely silent during chug stuff or whatever, I still dont get noisegates really, I just find they really suck up tone and sustain, just somthing more in the loop you know? But it does what its supposed to do, I'm guessing the rack unit is like a bit better but then you have that much more shit to haul. I'm sure your roadies wont mind.
    www.myspace.com/memnochband
    www.myspace.com/thefairyprincesses

Comment

I have a friend that uses one in his high gain rig, and it works wonders. Might have to get one myself. You should search youtube for demos... There are a ton of them on there.

Comment

Originally posted by blackendvampire View Post
        I tried the ISP decimator stand alone pedal, I think if you run high enough gain and that loud, then its probably useful, My solution has always been, turn down the amp and Mic it if you need volume, you can bash me if you want, but thats what most bands do. You wont feedback, you'll have shit in the monitors, fuck you probably do mic it, you just want to be absolutely silent during chug stuff or whatever, I still dont get noisegates really, I just find they really suck up tone and sustain, just somthing more in the loop you know? But it does what its supposed to do, I'm guessing the rack unit is like a bit better but then you have that much more shit to haul. I'm sure your roadies wont mind.
        thats great but tube amps need to be turned up a bit
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by skintaster View Post
          I have a friend that uses one in his high gain rig, and it works wonders. Might have to get one myself. You should search youtube for demos... There are a ton of them on there.
          The rack or pedal
          Jackson Shred

Comment

To my understanding the Pro-Rack G has a higher effective noise reduction and dynamic range to the G-String pedal version. So it will sound better. $200 better? Your ears and wallet should be the deciding factor.

Pedal
            ====
            - Maximum Input Level: +12dbu
            - Effective Noise Reduction: greater than 60db
            - Dynamic Range: greater than 100db
            - Total Harmonic Distortion: .05% typical

Rack
            ====
            - Maximum Input Level: +20dbu
            - Effective Noise Reduction: greater than 120db
            - Dynamic Range: greater than 118db Typical
            - THD: Less Than .05%
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              The rack or pedal
              My friend has the pedal. It's pretty effective, in my opinion. I haven't heard the rack firsthand, so I can't offer a direct comparison... Is it "worth" $200 more than the pedal? To me the pedal works well, so I'd probably save the money... But that's just me... I'm also not usually attracted to rack gear though, so that may have something to do with it.

Comment

I have not used the ISP stuff but I have used the Hush IICX (rack) and Hush The Pedal (pedal) in various live rigs of mine over the years. Both worked well although I couldn't tell you if there were differences in specs between the two on paper. The ISP is supposed to be be pretty effective so I'm guessing either will work for you depending on what the rest of your setup is. If everything else you have is on a pedalboard I would go with the pedal to simplify setup. If you run a bunch of rack gear I'd rack the Pro Rack G in the same rack.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

The ProrackG is wonder unit. I would save for that rather then being disappointed by the pedal.

-Nate
                  Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                    The ProrackG is wonder unit. I would save for that rather then being disappointed by the pedal.

-Nate
                    I guess I might is well just buy the rack considering it's already going to cost alot for a rack I'm planning on creating might as well just knock out the need for a rack drawer.
                    Jackson Shred

Comment

I use a prorack G and have couldn't live with out it! Best investment I've made!! I'm able to crank as loud or as low as I want without hesitation! Especially since I use je-1200's with Emg's in all my axes, its a must!! Whats nice about it to is i can adjust the level of noise different guitars make at the turn of a knob easily without having to troubleshoot!
                      I love admins!

Comment

Boss NS-2.
                        Originally posted by Hellbat
                        Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I tried out the pedal and the rack ... I went with the pedal because I had room on my rack drawer, and my rack was full otherwise. I am still extremely happy with the pedal. Once you get on stage, with all the other noise going on, i think it would make the difference between the rack and the pedal even more nominal to the ear. It is just pure joy to have a gate that tracks your playing, and you dont have to do any adjustments other than when you switch guitars ... I have different colored dots, done with a paint marker, to mark where I need to adjust the threshold to for each different guitar! (and there is only one knob to turn)

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by MartyFriedmanIsMaster View Post
                            Boss NS-2.
                            Sucks compared to the ISP. Even the MXR SmartGate is better than the NS-2.
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                              Sucks compared to the ISP. Even the MXR SmartGate is better than the NS-2.

The ISP takes tone down like a vaccum, the BOSS doesn't do that for me.
                              Originally posted by Hellbat
                              Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

Working...
                              X