• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bert View Post
    it sounds better than 99% of the axe-fx clips from the other thread :d
    +1

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
      I will agree that splawns are better sounding overall. Ya but I've always hated the axe fx clips don't see y everybody loves them so much. But I will admit if it's effects are on par with say an eventide it is not way too overpriced I'd still rather have a jmp 1 and a g major two. Back on the splawn subject I will be buying a quickrod on eBay when the price is right
      *** Maybe the high gain Axefx clips....but the cleans? Man, the cleans
      are the best ever imo. Heck, you get Eric Johnson cleans in the Axe!
      It doesnt get better than that.
      Oh, and delay is your friend! Why does everyone hate a touch of delay so much? Worked pretty good for a guy named Lynch! Both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
        *** Maybe the high gain Axefx clips....but the cleans? Man, the cleans
        are the best ever imo. Heck, you get Eric Johnson cleans in the Axe!
        It doesnt get better than that.
        Oh, and delay is your friend! Why does everyone hate a touch of delay so much? Worked pretty good for a guy named Lynch! Both of them.
        I do remeber some of the cleans impressing me but I'm on my dirty channel about 95 percent of the time
        "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
        Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Every clip that dude does sounds great - Savatage, Anthrax, Ratt, Metal Church - it's almost like it's me...but with much better playing.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Every clip that dude does sounds great - Savatage, Anthrax, Ratt, Metal Church - it's almost like it's me...but with much better playing.
            Ya the savatage and anthrax is what caught me I want his amp so bad know I try to denie it and pretend to myself that I want a splawn more but that sounds so awsome I've played a splawn nitro but maybe playing a quickrod will put me on the splawn path
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Sounds great, take back the delay and you got your self an amazing thrash tone. Judt right for me!!
              Gear:

Jackson DK2M (07')

Jackson PS-4 (99'?)

Charvel Model 5 (86')

Randall RG50TC

Maxon OD-9

Comment

Is this still a mod that you can get done? If so, I'd love to know where because it's sounding pretty damn good to me (for a YouTube clip anyway. My clips always sound like a buzzing bee LOL, so if you can get tone like that on YouTube, color me impressed).

I don't know much about this type of thing, so am curious. Great tone IMO
                - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                  Is this still a mod that you can get done? If so, I'd love to know where because it's sounding pretty damn good to me (for a YouTube clip anyway. My clips always sound like a buzzing bee LOL, so if you can get tone like that on YouTube, color me impressed).

I don't know much about this type of thing, so am curious. Great tone IMO

Other companies do this mod but I havnt heard one that sounds as good as the one in this video wich was done by mark cameron who no longer mods amps anymore but he does make amps that sound pretty similar to that modded Marshall but for $2700. Another way you can go wich is the way I'm going is to buy a splawn doesn't sound exactly like that but it does have a
                  Killer hotrodded Marshall tone those set you back $1850
                  Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                    Other companies do this mod but I havnt heard one that sounds as good as the one in this video wich was done by mark cameron who no longer mods amps anymore but he does make amps that sound pretty similar to that modded Marshall but for $2700. Another way you can go wich is the way I'm going is to buy a splawn doesn't sound exactly like that but it does have a
                    Killer hotrodded Marshall tone those set you back $1850
                    Nice! Thanks for the info dude!
                    - Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adoxtater View Post
                      Nice! Thanks for the info dude!
                      Your welcome
                      Jackson Shred

Comment

Working...
                      X