X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
    oh my blue tolex BV not good enough for you
    hows that rack comin along?
    The BV I bought from you is my best back up tube amp I have!!!!

The rack is frustrating, I hate spending more time programing than playing(although I am getting a little more comfortable with tweaking the presets for the mp1, midiverb, etc.....)
    Also I've somehow fried my audio interface:think:
    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Amp, every time - if I had a pair of JCM800s and always only ever used the clean channel, you'd all rag on me !
      with a little nudge from an overdrive pedal for a little more gain, sustain and compression when I want it

Comment

Using the clean channels in conjunction with stomp boxes is the easy way to go. I always had more success rolling back the gain on the lead channel and adding a overdrive to tighten up the gain. Worked wonders with my uberschall.
        Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

For low volume practice, I use GT-6 --> clean channel of Egnater Rebel 20

When I am cranking things up, then it's guitar --> lead channel of 333XL

When I get my Uberschall, I don't plan on putting anything in front of it either.

- Leo.

Comment

I own a Mark IIC+ a pedal would only ruin the tone. The same goes for the Mark IV.

Comment

I get all my sounds from my processor.
              "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

100% Uber's gain absoutely NO pedals.

Same goes with my Marshall rig..just the gain from the JMP-1.
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

On my Marshall JCM800 it depends on the style of music I'm playing.Most of the time I use the amps gain on 10. Or I dial it back for an edgy blues sound. Or if i want more gain I dial the gain back more and boost it with a tube screamer. If I need multi effects I can run it on clean with a Digitech RP7 through the front.
                  With my Splawn Quick Rod,I use the amps gain only. I really don't have a need to boost it.

Comment

I found out about 25 years ago that a kick ass pup with the right amp gives me all I need. Just put a Bare Knuckle Nail Bomb in the Jackson and am leaning towards a Splawn Nitro to replace the Mesa. The Uber or Diezel will get the job done too I am sure, but the pedal would have to be a pre amp kind of thing vs. the Boss or whatever distortion box.
                    G

Comment

It depends on the sound I'm looking for. Since I'm playing in two different projects that have two totally different styles I need a variety of levels. I've also been experimenting to get the best variety since I got the Vox amp.

For the southern rock cover band, I use the clean channel alot with a TS-9 Turbo for a more "classic" overdrive sound, but there are a few tunes that I use to overdrive on the amp with about half gain and the TS-9T to drive the leads.
                      For the other project, which is a bit heavier, I use the overdrive in the amp with the gain bumped up a bit. I've also recently gotten a Line 6 Dr Distorto pedal that I've been experimenting with. I still haven't decided if I like it or not and may end up using my Boss Dual Overdrive again.
                      I've only recently gotten into using pedals. I've always liked the simple setup, so I'm still trying to keep things as simple as possible but still keep the integrity of the tone.

It also depends on the guitar I'm using. My San Dimas III is hotter than the DK2 even with the full shred pup (gotta love the Tone Zones) and the model 4 has a sound all it's own, Very 80s.
                      Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 07-01-2009, 09:52 AM.
                      Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

I have 4 pedals (TS-10, MT-2, Crybabry, EQ-20) and don't use any of them really. Pretty much just straight into the amp for me.

Comment

It depends on my rig. For metal, I typically use a rack system or an amp with enough gain that I don't need a pedal. For "rootsier" styles, I typically use a Matchless Chieftain with a variety of pedals for different amounts of gain. The Machless, when cranked, will get about as dirty as a cranked Plexi. Problem is that it has to be very loud to get the goods...a pedal makes it a bit easier and helps the relationship with the soundman as well.

Comment

For my rhythm tone, I use my amp's gain (Carvin MTS3200). For leads, I hit the clean channel and use a DOD Juice Box. Sounds pretty good.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

i use the gain from the dirty channel of my amp. i DO have an OD pedal on the floor, an mxr classic distortion or something, that i use for 1 tiny 2 bar lead in 1 song where i need a slight amount of grit....
                              GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I am using a XXX and a Lynch Box, each with three channels, and use the amps gain for distorted tones. My current pedal board has a Cusack Screamer on it and sometimes I use it to drive the amp a little harder. I also use an EQ in the loop to drive a few tones as well. A scooped tone and a mid boost.
                                http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X