Tech support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech support

So while Genz Benz's staff is away on vacation, I figured I'd ask here to see if anyone has any ideas.

One of my power tubes went bad and started arcing inside the tube. Tube Store replaced it under warranty. I install the new tube, check the bias and am really confused.

According to the manual the bias test points should read .6V. Mine are reading 30V. I swapped in some known good tubes and it reads 20V.

I get no sound at all, not even hissing.

Any ideas? The amp is still under warranty, but I'd like to go into the repair shop with an idea of what is wrong.
    Scott

OK, since no one has offered any quality help, I'll play Tech Support's role here.

<Ring, ring>

Oh hello Sir this is Dave with Support how can I help you?

Your amp is not making any sound? Well let's see what my script says...

Sir, are you certain that you have plugged in the amplifier?

Is the power switch in the "ON" position? Is the Power LED illuminated?

Is the amplifier perhaps in "Standby" mode?

Have you tried a different cord from the instrument to the amplifier?

Have you tried a different instrument?

Sir, I am just trying to determine if the problem is actually with the amplifier, there is no reason to become angry and yell expletives at me!

Now, are the speakers connected?

Hello? Hello?

Well, another Trouble Ticket successfully resolved!

I realize this did not really help you. But you get a free *bump.* Also, it sounds like your amp is really messed up. I feel bad for you, that's an expensive amp.

Comment

Actually, Denise answered and was very apologetic that there weren't any tech guys still there. Leaving early for the holiday I guess.
      Scott

Comment

Got an email from Jeff Genzler himself saying he was on vacation and to call back on Monday. It's not every company where that will happen.
        Scott

Comment

Nice Monet, but that post smells like spam, not flowers.
          Scott

Comment

Originally posted by ckoklive
            Past replay in my mind,Some can even make me cry,Always wishing I can fly,And gonna touch the blue skyoil paintings
            Hay fuck you
            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Working...
            X