X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"a five watter is too big for my bedroom!"
    "POOP"

Comment

Seems like an oxymoron. What's next....the Spinal Tap guys with a 1 watt metal amp that goes to 11?

Comment

I have my VHT 2/90/2 Stereo amp set at 45 watts..running it thru
        the Boss GT-10..and even at low levels it has tons o' tone. Bedroom
        level "Balls"...not a problem.

Comment

I have two and a half stacks in my bedroom...fuggums..
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by ulijdavid View Post
            I had a THD univalve that I had yellow jackets with triode thingamajigs and such. They brought the amp down to about 2 watts. For a bedroom, 2 watts is still friggin LOUD!!! I think you have to go modellers.
            I've got a Univalve. With the built-in attenuator, it does fine at low volumes, though it sucks a little of the tone with so much attenuation. The best thing to do is just disconnect its speaker and run a line out into another amp and control the volume through the other amp.
            Though, at the moment, I just run it with a KT88 power tube as a bass amp into a 15" speaker cab.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
              Boy, did you ever goof! You should have ponied up another $1350 for that hand-wired, Judas Priest/Scorpions tone machine!

I know, when people see it they chuckle.. considering the other amps I have that I don't use. When they play through it.. they can't stop and soon after they are shopping for a cheap modeling amp to practice at home with.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
                I have my VHT 2/90/2 Stereo amp set at 45 watts..running it thru
                the Boss GT-10..and even at low levels it has tons o' tone. Bedroom
                level "Balls"...not a problem.
                Exactly my point... thats a modeling rig.

Comment

Working...
                X