212 cab suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 212 cab suggestions please

:think: So i've got a mesa recto standard 412 and i love the sound. i hate moving it tho. I was thinkin of a mesa 212 vertical but have never played one. Any of you gear whores out there have any suggestions of 212 cabs that will get me a similar/same tone as the 412? i had a mesa recto 212 horizontal and it had no bass. the avatar contempory w/hellatone 60's come real close. still would like to know what else is out there. g-flex maybe?

Marshall 1936 is excellent.

Comment

g_flex is dark. closest thing to a 4-12 but its dark. lots of bass .

Comment

Carvin VE212 with British 12s. Not sure how it compares to the Mesa, but I like it. It's crisp and articulate even at high gain, and it gets a tight rumble for palm mutes without flubbing.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

port city...

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Marshall 1936 is excellent.
            +1 The best cab I've owned so far, and I've owned a few.

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
              g_flex is dark. closest thing to a 4-12 but its dark. lots of bass .
              My combo amp has the g-flex speaker in it. Lots of low end, but not what's I'd describe as dark. It can get a bit fizzy on the top end though.
              Scott

Comment

The ported cabinet in the G-flex contributes greatly to the tone.

Comment

i use the vertical recto 2x12 and i like it. the marshall 1936 is cool too. had one of those a long time ago.
                  GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I thought the Gflex 212 was a great sounding cab.
                    "Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. ":JOSEY WALES

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
                      I thought the Gflex 212 was a great sounding cab.
                      I really liked it playing alone ,but in a band mix I was not cutting thru. Got a splawn 2-12 with sb25's now ,major difference.

Comment

I bought a Mesa 212 Stiletto cab a couple weeks back. It really punches, has nice tight low end, and no fizzy highs. Two V30s in it.
                        Death Or Glory - Who Dares Wins

Comment

noone has mentioned BASSON?

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                            noone has mentioned BASSOON?
                            you'll be wanting the woodwind forum then?
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              you'll be wanting the woodwind forum then?
                              Shop the best selection of popular guitars: ✅ guaranteed low price, ✅ free shipping, ✅ 0% financing, ✅ 8% back in rewards.

pretty sure i have the right forum

Comment

Working...
                              X