No announcement yet.

212 cab suggestions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why more people don't fabricate their own cabinets. Especially 2x12's.

You can put what ever speakers you want in any possible configuration you want. Want a straight cab, but want the speakers to be directional? Just mount them angled or...hell whatever you want...Any speaker that you want....any wood that you might think will sound good...cover it however you want. There are TONS of tutorials on the net for tolexing. Go carpeting if you want...the choices are limitless. And to top it off.

You'll save mucho money!!
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by toddstaples View Post
      I thought the Gflex 212 was a great sounding cab.
      I **REALLY** wanted to like mine, but it had a mid-range honk that totally ruined it for me. I sold it and got an Orange 212 - same deal... Ended up with a Mesa combo which I (reluctantly) sold/traded after getting a Bogner Alchemist w/Marshall 1936 cab. I still haven't had a cab that has touched (to my ears) a G12T75 loaded Marshall - either 212 or 412.

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
        are you sure?

http://band-orchestra.musiciansfrien...h-D?sku=467175
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          +1 The best cab I've owned so far, and I've owned a few.
          Another great small cabinet is the 1 x 12 Mesa Boogie 3/4 back. Incredible punch and projection for a 1 x 12.
          The 1936 is stellar though.. and really nice looking.

Comment

i like all the suggestions and i'm really considering the mesa vert 212. anyone out there owned both the vert 212 and the mesa recto standard 412?

id make my own but im no carpenter.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
              i like all the suggestions and i'm really considering the mesa vert 212. anyone out there owned both the vert 212 and the mesa recto standard 412?

id make my own but im no carpenter.
              The vertical 212 doesn't project the sound wide enough. If you are going for a 212 get one that is side by side or angled

Comment

this is what i'm lookin at

i think i already won it. so i hope it was a good choice

Comment

Avatar? I've heard they are quite good and cheaper than I could build one myself.
                  Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
                    this is what i'm lookin at

i think i already won it. so i hope it was a good choice
                    That's a GREAT cab. Good grab - hope you get it.

Comment

Those Egnater 2x12's at GC are fantastic. They have a ton of low end punch. They are the closest I've heard to a 4x12.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

I've been very happy with Avatar cabinets and use a 1x12 of theirs with my F50. They have many speaker options as well.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                          That's a GREAT cab. Good grab - hope you get it.

thanks and yup its mine. i gotta drive to GA to pick it up. its got a black shadow on top and an EV 12L in the bottom. cant wait. if this thing sounds like i want it to then i may get rid of my mesa 412. thanks to all for the suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                            The vertical 212 doesn't project the sound wide enough. If you are going for a 212 get one that is side by side or angled
                            do you think the one im gettin will project ok? its wide bodied and front loaded(which seem to project better)

Comment

Either get a 4x12 or find 2 of the Mesa 2x12s then run on a stereo poweramp like a Strategy400. That is teh awesomes!

Comment

lol. i got a recto 412 already. i'm thinkin of running the 212 stereo with a mesa 50/50

Comment

Working...
                                X