Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored a Splawn Nitro....now, what cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scored a Splawn Nitro....now, what cabinet?

What's a kick ass 2x12 cabinet for this amp? Eminence Governor speakers sound pretty nice from the clips I have heard. Ideas?
    G

Originally posted by gdog View Post
    What's a kick ass 2x12 cabinet for this amp? Eminence Governor speakers sound pretty nice from the clips I have heard. Ideas?
    G
    the cabs that are in fashion these days seem to be Mills Acoustics, Port City and Ear Candy cabs. I have no experience with these but they are all the rage right now. My fave 2x12 is the OS Bogner. I have a Splawn 4 x 12 which is good but doesnt sound as big as my UberKab. Maybe a Splawn 2 x 12? It will match and the splawn cab is very similar looking to the OS Bogner.

Comment

I love my Orange cabs..they're heavy, but solid and sound killer...

Comment

What are you guys loading these cabs with v30, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by gdog View Post
          What are you guys loading these cabs with v30, etc?
          the splawn forum says no on v30s
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
            I don't blame them . The only cab I ever heard V30s sound "decent" to my ears is in a Recto cab.

Never was a fan of those. I much prefer 75 wt Celestions, but even a little better are the CL 80's. Those are my faves.
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
              Copy that, I am thinking Eminence Govs or their other models.
              G

Comment

You spent the dough on the amp - why not go demo some cabs at a local dealer?

I'll also echo Bill's sentiments - I've never had a V30 closed cab that I even REMOTELY liked. Marshall 1936 has been (and continues to be) my favorite cab.

Comment

I love the V30's in my Bogner 4x12

I have an older QuickRod and I use it with a Splawn 4x12's with guv'nors and man-o-wars and I digz it
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

I am a fan of the T75.
                    The V30 only cabinet for a Nitro will sound too sizzly and papery. It won't have enough punch and bottom end chunk. Thats what T75's excel in!

Comment

I have Eminence Texas Heats with Splawn Small blocks and it sounds really good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
                        I have Eminence Texas Heats with Splawn Small blocks and it sounds really good to me.
                        Cool, I may go with those!
                        G

Comment

if you want to sound like this then get the small block 25's.

Comment

That was the first clip of the Nitro I ever heard and thats what sold me on it.
                            Thanks
                            G

Comment

I have a nitro. I use a mesa boogie recto cab with manowars and govs in an x. I also have another cab that is an old crate cab from the 80's and it is just about the same size as the recto cab. Same speakers in that too. I used to use a JCM 2000 1960 cab with GT75's in it too. It sounds great with all of those. Most guys run the x pattern of the manowars and the govs with splawns though. The GT75's sound a lot like the manowars but the manowars are 120 watts each. They sound a bit darker and tighter than the gt75's. The govs sound like v30's but with a lot more sweet mids. They are 75w each. In an x pattern the gov and manowars cover a lot of tonal ground. I recommend those.

If you got to the splawn forum you will find clips of many speaker combos and they are only clips but you can compare each clip and make an evaluation from those.... clips dont sound like the real deal but it is something to judge each by.

oh yeah! CONGRATS!

Comment

Working...
                              X