Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scored a Splawn Nitro....now, what cabinet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Firebird V View Post
    I have a nitro. I use a mesa boogie recto cab with manowars and govs in an x. I also have another cab that is an old crate cab from the 80's and it is just about the same size as the recto cab. Same speakers in that too. I used to use a JCM 2000 1960 cab with GT75's in it too. It sounds great with all of those. Most guys run the x pattern of the manowars and the govs with splawns though. The GT75's sound a lot like the manowars but the manowars are 120 watts each. They sound a bit darker and tighter than the gt75's. The govs sound like v30's but with a lot more sweet mids. They are 75w each. In an x pattern the gov and manowars cover a lot of tonal ground. I recommend those.

If you got to the splawn forum you will find clips of many speaker combos and they are only clips but you can compare each clip and make an evaluation from those.... clips dont sound like the real deal but it is something to judge each by.

oh yeah! CONGRATS!
    Thanks man, played it for the first time a couple hours ago with the 12" in my Mesa F-50 and it sounds amazing!!!! Like the Govs from the clips I have heard!
    G

Comment

Working...
    X