ENGL Preamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ENGL Preamps

You guys using Engl E530 or the older E 620 or 520- Is it possible to get smoother non-metal type EJ, Gilmour tones and non buzzy crunch tones out of these units by changing tube types to 5751 or 12at7 etc. or any other way. They seem like very good units ,but voiced mostly for aggressive metal. If I had one or access to one -I would try myself BUT since I don't ,I thought you guys might know.
    Last edited by robertkoa; 07-12-2009, 12:28 PM.

Originally posted by robertkoa View Post
    You guys using Engl E530 or the older E 620 or 520- Is it possible to get smoother non-metal type EJ, Gilmour tones and non buzzy crunch tones out of these units by changing tube types to 5751 or 12at7 etc. or any other way. They seem like very good units ,but voiced mostly for aggressive metal. If I had one or access to one -I would try myself BUT since I don't ,I thought you guys might know.
    You can def. get non-metal tones out of the 530. The lead channel on low gain
    will give you an insane bluesy sound. There is a ton of gain available, but it
    cleans up nicely when you back off on the gain a little. Run a clean boost in front
    of the ENGL and you'll get even more drive options. It's a very versatile unit.
    I used one exclusively for over a year. Till I got my Splawn...

Comment

Working...
    X