Need help with feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with feedback

I WANT some feedback so I can do some dive-bomb stuff with it. The problem is I can't get anything remotely useful out of my set-up, no matter how close the guitar is to the amp. Here it is:
    Guitar ---> Boss TU-2 ---> RP100 ---> Fender Bullet Reverb 15W. My everyday sound is highly distorted with gain, and the rear hummers active.
    What gives?
    8 strings? Because 6 is too easy?

more volume or get the amp closer to you
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

small solid state amps aren't gonna give you that very easily. you are gonna have to crank that amp, and probably a lot of the mids to get it to where the notes go into natural feedback.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

I can get feedback on a SS amp but only with a top shelf pup! Try a Bare Knuckle pup or a hot SD / EMG.
        G

Comment

Crank it, especially if it's only 15 watts SS. I have no problem getting feedback with my Strat w/stock singles through my old Randall RG100ES, but that's a differant animal!
          You also have to find the sweet spot in front of your amp and you probably have to get pretty close to the speaker
          Last edited by Outlander; 07-15-2009, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Turn off the noise gate.

I get plenty of useable feedback from my PC speakers, but I have to disable the noise gate in my TSR12 to do it.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In the mid 80s I had this BOSS Super Feedbacker pedal......did the trick nicely.
              Jackson KV2
              Jackson KE1T
              Jackson KE1F
              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
              X