Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting this type of crazy solo delay effect

Hi

I'm trying to figure out what makes this type of effect. I don't have all the things to test and experiment but if I did I could do it myself and learn. I can't start buying everything atm til I get a good idea.

The solo and lead parts sound crazy and is pretty common for bands back in the day.
    I've seen this performance live and it does not recreate the mayhem that you see in this video. For some reason it doesn't sound as lively Live.

Maybe theres some production going on? Layering the guitar?

Doubling the guitar, chorus, long delay (parameters? recommended pedal? volume booster?)

Its by Deliverance called Weapons of Our Warfare
    SEE :30 sec and its even crazier on :54
    theres way more solos here too.. 1:44, 2:45 reminds me a lot of Rust IN peace days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljPHcjhqhh8

Thanks guys for helping out a noob
    Equipment
    -Jackson Kelly Std. Professional J003908 (blood red) w/TB-5
    -Marshall MG15 CDR hosted by
    -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

harmonizer/octaver for live use. Cool band, I never heard of them before
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Reminds me of Bay Area thrash from the late 80's. Cool BCR!!

Comment

Damn! A blast from the past. I used to listen to these guys a lot back in the day. Thanks for posting this. I could never remember their name! I really dig that old BCR too.

Comment

Theyre mordred wannabes at least the vocals are. But it is alright better than I expected for christian thrash
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

OH cool guys, you like them.
            To quickly stay on topic, the singer JIMMY P.BROWN II has switched to Jackson guitars. Ain't that something. I saw him last with a Dark blue Jackson Kelly like mine (but mine is red)

The band went into hiatus cause you know its hard to stay alive as a metal band these days, let alone an underground band on top of that a CHRISTIAN metal band. Its hard to get funds
            They came back in 2007 with a new album to keep in the modern metal with some thrash roots.

George Ochoa (lead guitarist) with the BCR is no longer with the band, he left to other ventures. His lead playing was pretty wicked.

Oh and of course thanks for the help on giving me an idea of how to make the solos sound that way! Thanks =)

Yeah I didn't know about Mordred. I do know they are obviously influenced by Megadeth and Slayer at that time..

About the effects, this distortion could be easily obtained on the cheap with a Metalzone and some Active pickups, and the rest with the harmonizer, delay/reverb as I just learned. Cool. Why do the metal bands back then have like no bass or mid bass in their EQ? So trebly.
            Equipment
            -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Because studio engineers at the time had brain-lock and tried to maintain the same EQ spectrum of regular rock and pop bands of the time.

Plus, depending on the era (haven't checked the clip so I don't know if it's 80s or 90s or what), they had to work with whatever came out of the amp, as well as what would the recording medium could handle.

Not to mention YouTube isn't known for great sound.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

NewC: I had the record before (stolen along with a pile of my cds) and thats the way it sounded. Yeah I think it was the trend maybe? So the engineers decided to do whatever to the sound that could be it.

The album before that they released was a bit thicker . Check out their song called Victory http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XGoD...eature=related

They were using Mesa boogies in 1991 when that song came out so I think they could of gotten the sound they wanted.

I agree with newC, cause it makes sense to always try to follow a trend with a mindset of a record label breathing down your neck :P
                Equipment
                -VOX Tonelab ST (tube)

Comment

Working...
                X