• Show
Clear All

• 1st gig with the Trademark 300

Thats right. Here is my rig...
    Trademark 300 head
    Marshall 1960B cab loaded with T75's
    Yamaha SPX90II in the loop for reverb and delay
    CH-1 chorus pedal and wah out in front.
    So... I get to the gig and the roadies have the stage set up. The sound guy has a mic in front of my Marshall cab. I tell him that I want to run direct through the Sansamp direct in the back of the Trademark 300. He hesitates but lets me do it. We sound check and it sounds great. The gig goes great and right before I leave the soundguy comes up to me and tells me that my amp sounded fantastic live and he was most impressed with the direct sound. Actually.. he said the direct sound was the best he had ever heard and that most of them sound like canned ass. He was literally gushing over the tone and the even levels he was getting at the board. To my ears.. it sounded fantastic. The crowd thought so too. Thanks Tech 21.

Whore...

Comment

Was it 100 asshole degrees causing you to get minor heatstroke?
      "I would have banned you for taking part in hijacking and derailing a thread when you could have started your own thread about your own topic." - Unknown

Comment

100 degrees? Pussies! I went to work this morning at 3:20 AM...
        my truck said it was 99 degrees...At 3 Fukkin AM! 112 later on..

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post

I could play out of a Gorilla amp and a 5 stringed broken guitar and still make it sound great. Damn... I'm good.
          To answer your question.. no... we brought a few really big fans. It was very nice temp on stage.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Whore...
            It takes one to know one.

Comment

Originally posted by Musician78 View Post
              ..NICE

Glad your diggin' the Tradmark John. I WILL check one out if it crosses my path. I know Joe still likes his. I think he still has it.

Cleve John liked his Tech 21 Sansamp preamp.
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                ..NICE

Glad your diggin' the Tradmark John. I WILL check one out if it crosses my path. I know Joe still likes his. I think he still has it.

Cleve John liked his Tech 21 Sansamp preamp.

Yea... Musician78 cracked me up. What he doesn't realize is that I am part lizard. I love the hot weather and I love playing out of amps that people think suck. The opening act last night had a guitar player playing a VHT Pitbull 100 head and 2 x 12 VHT cab. He had a pedal board with the best of every stomp box on it and was playing a Grosh guitar. Needless to say.. he had EXTREMELY good tone. I had my cheapo Trademark 300, a ripped up oldMarshall 1960B a cheapo Boss chorus pedal, a custom made by me crybaby wah, a beat to shit and dented SPX90II, a crummy plastic Boss TU-2 and a worn out Ibanez RG550 and a Washburn N2 with 5 dead spots on the neck. I was in tone heaven and had more fun than I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  Yea... Musician78 cracked me up. What he doesn't realize is that I am part lizard. I love the hot weather and I love playing out of amps that people think suck. The opening act last night had a guitar player playing a VHT Pitbull 100 head and 2 x 12 VHT cab. He had a pedal board with the best of every stomp box on it and was playing a Grosh guitar. Needless to say.. he had EXTREMELY good tone. I had my cheapo Trademark 300, a ripped up oldMarshall 1960B a cheapo Boss chorus pedal, a custom made by me crybaby wah, a beat to shit and dented SPX90II, a crummy plastic Boss TU-2 and a worn out Ibanez RG550 and a Washburn N2 with 5 dead spots on the neck. I was in tone heaven and had more fun than I can remember.
                  Very nice John..I'm sure it sounds cool. M-78 was bustin' on one of Blazer's whiny bitch rants. That was the actual thread title.."100 asshole degrees". He got pretty bent with me on that, but I gave it back to him tenfold..Well, he should know better...NOT!

Some people need to learn the hard way...I think he liked it.

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

That Blazer thread is one of the classic JF threads of all time!

Comment

I love it..it is a work of art!

Comment

Very cool! I've always been impressed by Tech 21's Trademark amps and their various DI units. If I can sweet talk it, there is a TM 300 for sale locally for approx. $250... I'm thinking that might be a decent deal?

Comment

Sticky that mother fucker.

Comment

It takes one to know one.

You know it.

Comment

Working...
                            X