G Major EQ question......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G Major EQ question......

does anyone know what year they started puttin an eq in the gmajor? or maybe from what serial number did they start puttin the eq in it? i read on the tc website that these werent originally released with the eq but was added after a large request for it. thank in advance.
    D

I've had mine for about 4 years and it was used then so lets say 5years old, at a minimum. Mine does the the EQ feature. I just picked up the gMajor/2 and it does have the EQ feature.

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

cool. thanks. i figured it had to be pretty old to not have the eq. i was considering one from this guy but he said he didnt know if it had an eq and he never needed one so i wanted to be sure before pickin it up.

Comment

The eq was added from a firmware update, if I'm not mistaken somewhere around 2002 or 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
          I've had mine for about 4 years and it was used then so lets say 5years old, at a minimum. Mine does the the EQ feature. I just picked up the gMajor/2 and it does have the EQ feature.

joe...
          If you don't ind me asking, have you noticed a difference between the 2 and the first G Major version? I was thinking of picking up a 2 for my other rig.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I bought mine in 2004,,,and it has the EQ feature. I must say,,,for all Soldano users,,,this is the effects unit to use in that loop. Been using mine in the loop of my SLO for years now. Extremely transparent, changes channels for you on your amp, ,,just a pleasant experience all around. Leaves my amp to be the class act it is with just a bit of icing on the cake (just a little delay for solos, chorus for clean, etc) With the tone of my amp, I desire very little more, and the Gmajor is perfect for high quality effects that leave your tone alone.

Comment

The gMajor 2 is very close to the GM. All of the effects on the GM are on the GM/2 but the newer version has more effects to it. One that I'm happy about is a midi-WAH...Yep, I can now use my FCB1010's 2nd pedal as a wah-wah, but only as a self standing effect only. I was able to transpose all of my GM patches (one by one) to the GM/2 by pulling it up on one and setting the setting on the other. The GM/2 did change the front-end interphase so that instead of having to use a inner/outer knobs, you now use a up/down arrow to select the parameter and a knob to change the value. Plus, the PC patch editor works wonders too. I got the GM/2 on a whim because some guy had a bunch of demo versions for $300 on ebay. I have not spent a lot of time on the Gm/2 so I can't honestly say the it's worth a $300 investment to replace my Gm. If you have nothing, then this is a great FX unit.

joe...
              www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Originally posted by GodWentPUNK View Post
                The gMajor 2 is very close to the GM. All of the effects on the GM are on the GM/2 but the newer version has more effects to it. One that I'm happy about is a midi-WAH...Yep, I can now use my FCB1010's 2nd pedal as a wah-wah,
                The only issue is if you run the GM2 in an effects loop that means the Wah is also in the loop and post-distortion. Most folks like to run their wah in front of the amp/pre-distortion.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
                  The only issue is if you run the GM2 in an effects loop that means the Wah is also in the loop and post-distortion. Most folks like to run their wah in front of the amp/pre-distortion.

So true and thanks for pointing that out.

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com

Comment

Working...
                  X