Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All of you axe fx users.....

Here's today's deal for you @ MF.

Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.

From what I undersand, you kind of need an active monitor to really use Axe FX to its full potential
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Actually you don't need active monitors you just need an amp to power them. It doesn't matter if the amp is internal or external.

Comment

Right on man. I thought that you might need it because the amp would "color" the sound. But you can easily compensate for that by tweaking until it sounds right while using an amplifier.

I just thought that the powered monitors were the way to go for the "cleanest" tone. Meaning that the sound coming through the monitors is the actual AxeFx tone, not being colored by an amp.

That might sound strange, but it was the best way that I could describe it.
      I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by bombtek View Post
        Right on man. I thought that you might need it because the amp would "color" the sound. But you can easily compensate for that by tweaking until it sounds right while using an amplifier.

I just thought that the powered monitors were the way to go for the "cleanest" tone. Meaning that the sound coming through the monitors is the actual AxeFx tone, not being colored by an amp.

That might sound strange, but it was the best way that I could describe it.
        A quality solid state power amp won't color the sound whether its internal or external. The advantage of active monitors is that they are that much simpler than have a seperate power amp an cabs.

Comment

Working...
        X