Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many pedals....

is too many?

Right now, I'm using 15 on my board. I use them all a little bit here and there. Some more than others. I've turned into a pedal junkie.
    I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Can you still hear the guitar through all of those?

I have a delay pedal in the loop and that's it.
    Scott

Comment

I have quite a few myself. Back in '88 I got rid of everything )pedals and board) and went rack. After I went rack, I kept the rack and started adding pedals again I just added a bunch of Keely and Fulltone pedals.

Now, I need more pedal boards.:ROTF:
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I use a Monster cable..

ummm.. that's it.
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Well horns don't you use a g major that's equivilent to about 500 pedals
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

tuner and overdrive and volume for me

Comment

Wah and chorus in front. Delay in loop. Thats it for me.

Comment

How many pedals is too many?

One. I dislike pedals. I like going straight to the amp.
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I would like going straight into the amp if I didn't have such a piece of shit MG series Marshall. I have to use a Boss DS-1 and NS-2 to try to cover up some of the horribleness.
                  Originally posted by Hellbat
                  Hey this is METAL. You don't need to roll with your homies and G's in a fkn Bentley while sippin' Cristal. You want to eat food that makes you want to curb stomp people. McDonalds delivers that. At least they weren't throwing back flapjacks at the Denny's across the street.

Comment

I have a TS-9 and a CE-5 chorus and I rarely use either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                      Well horns don't you use a g major that's equivilent to about 500 pedals
                      No..

It's in the loop of my Uber mainiy for the noise gate and tuner.

I use just a smudge of delay, and lead boost. If I changes patches..which is never.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                        No..

It's in the loop of my Uber mainiy for the noise gate and tuner.

I use just a smudge of delay, and lead boost. If I changes patches..which is never.

Lies- I saw your board- 8 or was it 12 Metal Zones strung together, dimed.

Sonofabitch, I can't find that post, almost killed me when I saw it.

Comment

I have a Morley WAH-SP on the front-end, that's it. I have an old DOD G7 that gets used for chorus/delay/reverb/gate occasionally, but that's a (cheap) rack unit.

I try to keep things as simple as possible so I don't have to stomp on a bunch of buttons while I'm trying to concentrate on playing.

Comment

I have quite a few, but I'm running through a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp rather than a head, so I rely on pedals for everything:

Rocktek tuner > ART Xtreme distortion/effects > Ibanez Phase Modulator > EHX Tube EQ > Hush "The Pedal" (two-channel version) > Tech 21 Boost DLA.

I also have some other stuff around that I don't currently have on my board: Boss DD-2 and DD-3 delays, H&K Warp Factor distortion, Korg HyperDistortion, and probably some others I've forgotten about.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just some cheap cable that shorts out if pressure is put on the jack ends.

A noise gate and a tuner would be nice though.
                              Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
                              Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Working...
                              X