Boss or Line 6 for FX only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss or Line 6 for FX only

In terms of FX only, do you think the Boss GT-10 would be better than the X3 Live? I'm looking for a unit that I could use the 4 cable method, but would also like to disengage indiviudal FX within a patch. I currently have a XT Live, but it doesn't have the FX send/return. I also have a GT-6, which doesn't have the individual FX on/off.

Also - I don't care about the amp modelling at all with either units.

Please enlighten me....

boss
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I have a pod xt for late late night jamming and everythigs horrible sounding, effects, amps, and cab sims.
      "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Really? What do you use to listen, headphones? I run my XT into studio monitors and everything sounds great. I used to gig and take the direct out to the FOH and it sounded great.

Anyway, I guess I want some new toys. I know both new boss and Line 6 have FX loops so I can 4CM to my hearts content. How can you get the boss to go to "FX mode" where you can toggle individual FX for a current patch. Line 6 has pedals to do that.

In boss' favor, they have a harmonizer and can actually place FX in the exact order you want them.

Thanx for the info so far.

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
        I have a pod xt for late late night jamming and everythigs horrible sounding, effects, amps, and cab sims.

Comment

I would look into that new line 6 m-13, I think that is what its called. Its basically a big pedal board. Looks pretty cool from what I remember

Comment

Working...
          X