Line 6 Duoverb Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Duoverb Head

I am picking one up tomorrow night. Its in mint condition and includes an FBV4 footswitch. $200.00

If you search my past threads over the many years being on the JCF you will see that way back in the old days there were 2 amp heads that always intriqued me. The Tech 21 Trademark 300 and the Line 6 Duoverb. I already have the Trademark and tomorrow I am picking up the Duoverb. I really don't play with any effects anymore except for a touch of delay, an occasional chorus and I very rarely use a wah.
    I figure with the Duoverb I am going to put the SPX90II in the loop for a touch of delay, a volume pedal for solo boost (assuming that the Duoverb has a slight delay in channel switching like many Line 6 amps have), the chorus and the wah out in front. Basically... the exact same set up I have with the Trademark 300 except the addition of the volume pedal.
    I am guessing I can get a pretty good tone blending Duoverb SLO100 and the Mesa or some other high gain amp. For the price.. I can't pass it up.
    With the proper tweaking and amp selection, 2 amps at once really can sound good.

When were these released
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
      When were these released
      A long time ago. I think around 2003. They didn't sell well at all. They were expensive and no frills. Just 2 amps at once and reverb. Line 6 people wanted EFFECTS. It didn't get very good reviews either and the online sound samples are god aweful. It uses the same chipset as the Vetta so there is no way it can sound that bad.

Comment

I believe Chris Olson here had one of those. If I remember, it was one of the Line 6 amps he didn't care for (though, it might have been the combo and not the head). I remember wanting one of those.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          I believe Chris Olson here had one of those. If I remember, it was one of the Line 6 amps he didn't care for (though, it might have been the combo and not the head). I remember wanting one of those.
          I HATED it. It was noisy, and the amp models were NOT even remotely like the Flextone sounds. I brought it back after about 4 hours. Bought a Flextone III, and returned the $300 ineffects I needed to make it sound even barely passable.

There's a reason they were so cheap. It's the ONLY Line 6 product I've ever disliked - A LOT.

You should be able to flip it for $200 though -- and you will. This is one amp you should've passed on.

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          It uses the same chipset as the Vetta so there is no way it can sound that bad.
          If it did, all those chips were defective. I bought it knowing the Soldano model was there, but it didn't sound even close to every other L6 Soldano model on any other amp they made.

Comment

I bought one for my son for less than $200, and at that price, it's a bargain.
            The Soldano is the only high gain sound that's usable though.
            The Mesa sounds like crap IMO.

The Fenders for clean are very good IMO, along with the Vox for grittier tones.

If you get a FBV Express pedal you also get tuner and wah.

Another thing people don't know is that with the patchmanager software I found, you can access the hidden reverbs parameters (like 10 different models with adjustments) and cab mods to really change things up.
            Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
            Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
              I HATED it. It was noisy, and the amp models were NOT even remotely like the Flextone sounds. I brought it back after about 4 hours. Bought a Flextone III, and returned the $300 ineffects I needed to make it sound even barely passable.

There's a reason they were so cheap. It's the ONLY Line 6 product I've ever disliked - A LOT.

You should be able to flip it for $200 though -- and you will. This is one amp you should've passed on.

If it did, all those chips were defective. I bought it knowing the Soldano model was there, but it didn't sound even close to every other L6 Soldano model on any other amp they made.
              You had the combo, right? Is it any different than the head?
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got it home tonight. Its mint. Includes the 2 button amp 1 + 2 switch, the optional FBV4 switch brand new in the box and the Pilots manual.
                I only have an open backed 1 x 12 cab with a Jensen in it and so far it sounds like a big can of ass. The Mesa model has to be the worst modeled Mesa tone I have ever heard. I am sure most of the crap sound is coming from the cabinet. I know when I had my Vetta's it was very important to use the right cabinets. I will try this Duoverb head at band rehearsal through my 4 x 12 Marshall cab in stereo and see how it sounds. I do like the cleans though and even the JCM800 is pretty good. The Soldano sounds like there is a blanket over the speaker. Thats probably due to the cabinet too. I'll let you guys know when I try it at rehearsal. It is a nice looking amp though. Maybe I'll use it as furniture!!

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  You had the combo, right? Is it any different than the head?
                  I had the combo. No difference from what I understand, but I'd never even stick a chord into one of those God-forsaken things again...

Jon - the Mesa model sounded bad, and will probably continue to sound bad. Sorry, man... You've had so many NICE amps - why this one? Yeah, it looks nice, but sheesh...

I'd really love to find someone around here with an HD-147 though. I'd like to spend some quality time with one of those.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                    I had the combo. No difference from what I understand, but I'd never even stick a chord into one of those God-forsaken things again...

Jon - the Mesa model sounded bad, and will probably continue to sound bad. Sorry, man... You've had so many NICE amps - why this one? Yeah, it looks nice, but sheesh...

I'd really love to find someone around here with an HD-147 though. I'd like to spend some quality time with one of those.
                    I hear you Chris. Its one of those amps I have always wanted. I figure for what I paid for it I can flip it on Ebay no sweat considering it has the FBV4 and the original 2 button switch, manual and its mint.
                    So far.. your review is dead on. Of course.. I will reserve my final judgement until I plug it into a proper 4 x 12 Marshall cab with good speakers. It is a nice looking amp though.

Comment

john, you aught to flip that one for a Flextone III plus. you know the 1x12 combo. it's got decent sounds for what it is. and it's a lot easier to haul around.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Hey Chris I wish I would have known you wanted to check out the HD147 when I had one.I really liked it alot. Very usable sounds and easy to edit.I got rid of it because when I brought it to band practice I got drowned out by my other guitar player with his Marshall JCM2000.Other than that he amp was cool....I used to call it the toaster cause that is what it looked like.....HA
                        H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                          Hey Chris I wish I would have known you wanted to check out the HD147 when I had one.I really liked it alot. Very usable sounds and easy to edit.I got rid of it because when I brought it to band practice I got drowned out by my other guitar player with his Marshall JCM2000.Other than that he amp was cool....I used to call it the toaster cause that is what it looked like.....HA
                          I was trying to remember who had one around here... :think: :idea: Wish I'da kown you were getting rid of it - you got one of the "super GC deals" on it if I remember correctly... When did you get rid of it? Locally? (Sorry for the thread hijack...)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamland_Rebel View Post
                            john, you aught to flip that one for a Flextone III plus. you know the 1x12 combo. it's got decent sounds for what it is. and it's a lot easier to haul around.
                            I wasn't really looking for a modeler or even another amp. I always wanted to hear what one of the Duoverb amps sounded like. According to Line 6, the Duoverb has the same chipset as the Vetta.
                            So far.. from what I have heard with my ears.. thats bullcrap.

Comment

The three I hoped for on this one - Soldano, Mesa & JCM800 -- all of them were worthless to me. I wish I was just talking outta my ass on this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X