Well, I ordered a Splawn Quick Rod amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I ordered a Splawn Quick Rod amp

After a long fight with my inner cheapskate, I finally ordered a splawn quick rod & cabinet.

I am looking forward to it big time. bought 3 to 4 months wait for it.

any other splawn owners here? I would like to hear about it!
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

got a nitro. love it . Scott installed a master volume in the loop now so you can get sweet tones without goin deaf. Does that with all the newer models now. Had a prostock ,similar to quickrod without clean ,went with the nitro for the more modern sound. If you like good tone then you will be happy. What speakers did you get?

Comment

I got small blocks in the hybrid cabinet. Scott recommended that for the tone I wanted to go for.

Comment

i have a Quick Rod. I love it.

Comment

I just got a nitro and I'm in love with it.
          "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
          Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

you'll dig it. I have an older QR with the shared EQ and no gears and it sounds good enought that I dont feel I'm missing anything

I also have as Splawn 4x12 with mano'wars and guv'nors in an x pattern
            shawnlutz.com

Comment

I have one of the new QR's (w/clean channel) and like it a lot. I typically run it through a Bogner 4x12 and it is great for the type of music I play (80s metal). 75% of the time I'm in hot rod plexi mode. Very tight sound. It does not hide any of your mistakes.

Comment

2009 Nitro with Splawn cabinet and it fckn kills!
                G

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  After a long fight with my inner cheapskate, I finally ordered a splawn quick rod & cabinet.

I am looking forward to it big time. bought 3 to 4 months wait for it.

any other splawn owners here? I would like to hear about it!

2008 Competition. Best amp I own, hands down, preferred
                  over 3 Mesas, a Marshall, an ENGL and some other good stuff...

Comment

yea, the part that scares me is, if I like this Splawn TOOO much, then I wont wanna play my Mesa Road king....... that would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                      yea, the part that scares me is, if I like this Splawn TOOO much, then I wont wanna play my Mesa Road king....... that would suck!
                      Thats going to happen and once it does Id suggest selling your road king to fund a splawn nitro.
                      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I want a Splawn and I'm convinced when I finally shell out the $ for an amp it will be what I get.

If you don't mind me asking how much did this set ya back?
                        Originally posted by horns666
                        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Shred View Post
                          I want a Splawn and I'm convinced when I finally shell out the $ for an amp it will be what I get.

If you don't mind me asking how much did this set ya back?
                          The quickrod cost 1850 and if you want extra saturation like i did get the nitro for about 1950.
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

The QR kills for malmsteen/gilbert tones but the nitro can give you an amazing mediumly saturated shred tone.
                            Last edited by toxikdeth; 08-10-2009, 07:23 PM.
                            Jackson Shred

Comment

well, if the Splawn is that impressive, I will have to sell the Mesa (thats gonna hurt) and fund a 2nd splawn. who knows though.......maybe I will enjoy the variety.

Comment

Working...
                              X