Well, I ordered a Splawn Quick Rod amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonelover View Post
    Bought an '09 Quick Rod on ebay today, absolutely can't wait to check it out. I've been going crazy wanting to try one and have been waiting for an '09 to show. Used the Microsoft Bing discount so will get a rebate of $198 off the Buy it Now price. I really wanted to order one new so I could get a headshell more to my liking but just don't have the patience to wait that long. Next week when it arrives should be interesting.
    Congrats I guerentee you'll love it.
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Heres two clips of my Quick Rod.

This clip the same amp ( I bought it from the guy playing) giving it a workout at stage level.
      Johnny Roggio, doing his rendition of Eruption. SPLAWN QUICKROD, G12M Greenbacks, Original Art Series CHARVEL EVH

Comment

Originally posted by broken_fusion View Post
        Heres two clips of my Quick Rod.

This clip the same amp ( I bought it from the guy playing) giving it a workout at stage level.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57xcc_v0ne0
        I..want that amp..so badly...
        Originally posted by horns666
        The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

The 2009 Nitro have a loop level control that lets you crank the amp at low volume level output.
          G

Comment

My Competition with KT88s arrives on Tuesday!

Comment

love my nitro. kt88's are the way to go.

Comment

the clips I heard of the Nitro are great, a very kick ass amp, but for what I want to do, I really think that the quick rod is the ticket for me. its more of an 80's rock/metal vibe than the nitro.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                  the clips I heard of the Nitro are great, a very kick ass amp, but for what I want to do, I really think that the quick rod is the ticket for me. its more of an 80's rock/metal vibe than the nitro.
                  Ya the Qr is definatly more for you. I play 80s music just the heavier stuff but the nitro isn't like most modern amp it's like a modern take on an 80s hotrodded Marshall. The waits going to suck 4 months of hell....not exactly. Glad I bought mine used.
                  "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    My Competition with KT88s arrives on Tuesday!
                    It arrived! While opening up the box, my 7 year old son said, "Dad, that looks like it's gonna be LOUD!"

Well, he was right! For my needs the competition has plenty of gain. The Nitro must be insane!? This is definitely the hot rodded Marshall sound I've been looking for. It totally nails it!

I'll post some pics later...the thing is gorgeous. Sound clips will take longer as my recording gear is at the drummer's house.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                      It arrived! While opening up the box, my 7 year old son said, "Dad, that looks like it's gonna be LOUD!"

Well, he was right! For my needs the competition has plenty of gain. The Nitro must be insane!? This is definitely the hot rodded Marshall sound I've been looking for. It totally nails it!

I'll post some pics later...the thing is gorgeous. Sound clips will take longer as my recording gear is at the drummer's house.
                      That is awesome! From looking at the Splawn site and reviews, the Comp is the model that appeals to me too. Saving up the pennies hoping to find one used.

Cool to see someone here has one, can't wait for the review and clips.
                      "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                      Zakk Wylde

Comment

congratulations Bert, looking forward to seeing the pictures....
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Working...
                        X