Rocktron Chameleon or Voodu Valve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocktron Chameleon or Voodu Valve?

I currently have a Rocktron Chameleon which I feed through a power amp and out to some speakers (no suprise there then!). The sounds are genearlly pretty good, but I would like something a bit more valvey (tubey!)

I was thinking about getting a Voodu Valve as it has a valve preamp instead of solid state.

Has anyone used both these units and can offer advice as to which sounds better? Or has anyone got an sound samples I can listen to?

Or are they very similar? I am guessing the effects are the same?

Thanks in advance (as always!)

Carl

Used a chameleon minimally and didn't like it a lot, but I really didn't play long.

I did own a Voodu for a couple years and liked it a lot. It took a lot of playing around with (pre-gain and post-gain EQ) to get the sound I liked, so, maybe the chameleon is the same way (I did not play around much with it).

The Voodu was capable (after much playing around with it) of very heavy crushing crunch. Only issue for me was that I could just slightly always hear a fizzy digital artifact in it like I do most digital stuff (POD etc) in my leads and as lower notes trail off.

Overall, it's one of my favorite preamps. I have a CAE 3+se now and love it, but the Voodu is heavier and more crunchy when dialed right.

My Voodu fried, and I still have an ebay search going for a cheap one to toss in the rack with the CAE for low end chug/crunch stuff.

Comment

Thanks for that! I was torn between the Voodu and the Digitech 2120.

Hope I made the right choice! I have read and heard loads on Youtube and I thought they both sounded pretty good. The 2120 sounded a bit more 80's metal though!

Regards

Carl

Comment

Working...
      X