Kirk Hammett Randall Signature Series Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kirk Hammett Randall Signature Series Amp

As much as I like Randall Amps i'm still sitting on the fence with this one. Hammett said he wanted to develop a full line of amps that would provide fans his signature tone at any price point. How can you distinguish a tone when its always filtered by a wah wah pedal and its really Hetfields sound that is Metallica?? What is Kirk Hammetts signature tone??

Now as we know Hetfield done all the rhythm tracks on death magnetic and kirks solo tones sounded terrible hardly convincing for me to go buy this amp.
    I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

And if you watch his marketing video it appears that Kirk doesn't even know what the name of his signature amp is!
    With that said.. its a Randall MTS (RM100). George Lynch claims to use the same amp. His is called the Lynch Box.
    Regarding Kirks signature tone... I am not the biggest Metallica fan but Kirk has had some very nice tones throughout the years. To my ears.. his basic tone is a combination of 2 Mesa Boogie tones. Mark series and Rectifier series. His clean tone has an acoustic attack and feel to it. It almost sounds like a clean Fender Blackface tone if you rolled the volume back on the guitar to around 7. I would guess that the 3 Randall modules that are in his signature amp just about nail his tone. BTW.. lots of players like Kirks tone. Except for his over use of wah... I like his tone too. Especially from MOP.

Comment

Isn't there the Kirk Hammett modules for the one Randall amp and also a seperate budget priced import head and cabinet. I think I saw one at Manny's and it was dirt cheap - like $499 for head an cab.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Isn't there the Kirk Hammett modules for the one Randall amp and also a seperate budget priced import head and cabinet. I think I saw one at Manny's and it was dirt cheap - like $499 for head an cab.
        The only one I know about is the MTS. You can go to the Randall website. Its on there.

Comment

Randall has a low end KH model. I saw it at Sam Ash - never bothered to try it out. No sure if it's tube or SS.

Comment

Lets not forget he uses a tube screamer in every solo. So its not his complete tone
            www.myspace.com/demonboundmusic

Originally posted by Endrik
            the more you masturbate the less you need to bang the hottest chicks

Comment

Didn't his first signature Randal cost $10,000? Laughable...
              H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                Didn't his first signature Randal cost $10,000? Laughable...
                I believe his sig RM came in two versions - the standard and the trans black over flamed maple version. That was the one that was $10k
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I thought tallica had good tone on kea and rtl but didnt like mop and on.
                  "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                  Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I'm not a Metallica fan but I did like the KH modules for the MTS series Randalls when I heard them at NAMM a couple years ago. For the amp itself, seems Randalls just re-packages the RM100 over and over and slap the artist name on it for an instant "signature series amp". Just get a regular RM100 and buy the modules you like. Its a great amp!
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                    X