Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Line 6 Spider Valve amps 64% off at AMS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Spider Valve amps 64% off at AMS!

Just wanted to pass this along to my JCF bros. I was looking around American Music Supply last night and they have their Line 6 Spider Valve amps 64% off! I got a brand new 1x12 combo, with free shipping and free gold coverage for $399!!!! You guys need to check this out!

Cool deal!!!

Comment

Heh...well whaddya know. That's a good deal. It'll totally fuck up the eBay market too! For that price, these amps are DEFINITELY worth a look. I did like mine. They are LOUD AS HELL too.

Comment

I would guess a replacement is coming out soon...

Comment

I got an email from Line 6 yesterday about new Spider IV models coming out so that is likely the reason.
          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

They're pretty cool amps, when I tried them out. The only minus I saw was that you had to use one of the Line 6 controllers as it didn't have midi on them. Not a major deal breaker, but if you already have something, why buy a dedicated foot controller?

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
            Heh...well whaddya know. That's a good deal. It'll totally fuck up the eBay market too! For that price, these amps are DEFINITELY worth a look. I did like mine. They are LOUD AS HELL too.

Comment

I have a spider 2 i use for rockin out in the bedroom ,good little amp
              I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

i am eyeballing the 100 watt tube head.
                Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
                Peavy 6505+ Half stack
                Raven rg20 combo amp
                Jackson Dxmg
                Jackson RR24
                BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

Originally posted by ramon_jr View Post
                  You'd better act quick! I bet these won't last for long at that price!

Comment

I was set in stone about the Spider valve, but one day in gc the guy said he liked them, but he liked the Peaavey vypyr tube better. They had a 212, I picked up a dk2, turned it on, went to the 6505 channel, played one sweep, turned it off, and bought a 112 on the spot. It is THAT damn good, and THAT much better than the line 6. And at only 450...
                    I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                      I was set in stone about the Spider valve, but one day in gc the guy said he liked them, but he liked the Peaavey vypyr tube better. They had a 212, I picked up a dk2, turned it on, went to the 6505 channel, played one sweep, turned it off, and bought a 112 on the spot. It is THAT damn good, and THAT much better than the line 6. And at only 450...
                      You listened to "the guy" at GC??? You should really know better.

Comment

Originally posted by ramon_jr View Post
                        I hope you have a stadium to play in!! These are UNGODLY LOUD.

The 40 watt 2x12 was tough to use at bedroom level. Very touchy at low levels - it gets LOUD really quick. I had originally gotten the HD100, but the one I got (one of the first) was defective, and they were backordered almost 6 months.

Comment

Why are you sorry? The vypyr is the best thing that has ever happened to my tone, the GC guy was right. Thats also what I like about it, it is amazing at low levels, i live in a place where I can't beloud, and it's at the level where it can not be heard in an adjacent room, and it still sounds AMAZING. (ask RR666, he has heard it at that low of a level)
                          I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksonguy666 View Post
                            Why are you sorry? The vypyr is the best thing that has ever happened to my tone, the GC guy was right. Thats also what I like about it, it is amazing at low levels, i live in a place where I can't beloud, and it's at the level where it can not be heard in an adjacent room, and it still sounds AMAZING. (ask RR666, he has heard it at that low of a level)
                            Well of coarse a vipers going to sound better at low volumes it's a ducking solid state amp. The tube hybrid stuff is bullshit. A line 6 valve would kill it above mouse fart levels but my splawn nitro would annhilate them both. It would rape them from the inside out. So this thread has been hi jacked everybody buy a splawn.
                            "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                            Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

I've been very impressed with my little Vypyr 15. Compared to the Spider series of amps it is miles above in sound quality.

Isn't the Spider Valve just a Spider preamp with a tube power amp? The Vypyr tube actually uses the response of a 12AX7 in the models (since it's an analog modeler like the Tech 21 stuff).

Of course, a real tube amp will blow both of them away at live volumes, but for the bedroom and even rehearsal there's not much better.
                              Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X