Mesa Boogie Electradyne

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa Boogie Electradyne

Ok I was at a small guitar store today looking at stuff and to my suprise they carried Boogie. Just last night I was on Boogies site checking out their video demos and was really taken aback with the Electradyne.Now I want a new Mark 5, but I have not tried one yet, so them having an Electradyne I thought I would give it a spin. I grabed a Fender fat strat because it had a hum and 2 sc's to check clean and dirty sounds with. I hit the clean channel first....WOW.Very clean and jangely but I could get an acoustic quality out of it as well.I could really feal the dynamics in the amp.The next mode was the Low mode. A great lower gain/quicker break up sound.Very SRV sounding to me.Again very nice dynamics and singing lead sound.Next was the High mode.I dimed the gain to see where it would take me. Now it is not a massive gain amp.It aint not Recto. But I really liked this mode alot.Higer gain, but it cleaned up well and not buzzy or mushy sound at all.Very clear and articulate. This amp sounded like it would take a pedal very well to get you an extra boost ya may need for playing Metallica riffs if you needed. Overall I was very very impressed with it.It sounds like no Boogie I have ever played.It's not as dark as my MKIII and does not have the fizzy or plastic sustain as the Rectos seems to have.It was very Marshall meets Tweed Fender...I need to try out the MK5, if that can do what this can, I would get that...If not I think this will be my next amp...
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

I heard it at NAMM last Jan. It sounded nice! I thought I read somewhere that they were modifying it though to correct a volume mismatch in the channels/modes or something. Can't remember exactly what the issue was.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

I just read that too.Not positive what that is.There is a volume control on the back you can setup for the channels for switchings.Dang the more I read about it and hear about it the more I want it...
      H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Working...
      X