Marshall Amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Amps

whats your favorite one? i want that marshall amp crunch. that heavy woof from the cab. whats the best combo. all the marshalls i have tried sounded ok. the one that blew my mind was the jvm series with the kick ass ultra overdrive channel and a marshal straight cab. lots of bass and whoof. what tone do people refer to when they say the brown sound?
    Marshall 100 watt full stack mg100
    Peavy 6505+ Half stack
    Raven rg20 combo amp
    Jackson Dxmg
    Jackson RR24
    BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

My favorite marshall would be a mark cameron Jose modded jmp. But stock marshall probely the jvm. Brown usually means either EVH's tone or a saggier spongier sound,
    "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
    Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Oh wait the best marshall is a splawn....alright technically not a marshall but based of of one I have a nitro and its my favorite amp that ive played.
      Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Out of the 4 models I have (oops...sold the 2203) had, I'd go with the 2205.
        My hair is on fire!!!!!My hair is on fire!!!!!!
        Marshall 2205, 6100, 6100LM, JMP-1, EL84 20/20, VHT 2/50/2, Marshall 1960A & B cabs, '79 Strat, '84 Pacer, '98 Wolfgang, '08 Charvel San Dimas x 3.

Comment

Marshall 410H...

Comment

You are not gonna get much woof out of a combo.
            My pick for the best budget newer Marshall is the DSL100
            My pick for the best Marshall in general is the modded 2205
            My pick for the best budget vintage Marshall is the JCM900 or the SLX

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
              Modded by whom?
              Jackson Shred

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                Modded by whom?
                Splawn or Cameron. There are alot of builders that mod Marshalls.
                I never heard that Kerry King Marshall but I would guess its pretty good. The Randy Rhoads Marshall must be cool too.
                There are so many great Marshall amps in so many flavors.

Comment

thanks to all
                  Peavy 6505+ Half stack
                  Raven rg20 combo amp
                  Jackson Dxmg
                  Jackson RR24
                  BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

by combo i meant the amp and the cabinet, sorry for not being specific
                    Peavy 6505+ Half stack
                    Raven rg20 combo amp
                    Jackson Dxmg
                    Jackson RR24
                    BOSS EFFECTS PEDALS

Comment

My favorites are old Plexis, stock or modded (Jose or Cameron), I don't really care for others but I get along with Marshalls very well, absolutely the easiest amps to dial in for me, just plug in and you are ready to rock, and even if the particular one happens to be a crappy one with a muddy sound then a decent overdrive pedal usually fixes that, pretty much all Marshalls work extremely well with pedals. But it's those old Marshalls that have that attack, warmth, balls, "browness" and jaw dropping tone that I really like. New ones can be good but not that inspireing compared to old Plexis. The first Marshall stack that I ever played cranked out was a late 60's 100W head. After that I've never even considered getting JCM series or something else. I'm planning to get a nice '68 head eventually to run it in stereo with my Boogie.
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

I like the old ones myself, the JMP/JCM800 2203/04's, super straight sim;icity, no loop but take pedeals in front. I love my 83 JCM800 2203 w/6550's and that takes the pure Marshall prize for me. I have Bogner, VHT, Splawn and Boogie amps and whenever I plug into the 2203 after a long time not playing it I always ask myself why

If you are looking at newer amps and have to be Marshall the 1959RR or the JVM's.

I'd also not go with a combo...head and cab is the way to go
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Splawn or Cameron. There are alot of builders that mod Marshalls.
                          I never heard that Kerry King Marshall but I would guess its pretty good. The Randy Rhoads Marshall must be cool too.
                          There are so many great Marshall amps in so many flavors.
                          Neither of those guys mod anymore. I know scott never modded 2 channel heads.
                          Jackson Shred

Comment

Voodoo does a mod on the two channel Marshalls. I was going to have my 2210 done but instead I chose to buy a Quickrod. I still like the 2210. It does the Marshall thing than if you want soemething else just put it on clean and run any pedal, processor ect. Through it. The spring reverb and loop is nice too. They get a bad rap because they have (Gasp!) clipping diode built into the gain channel. So for some tube snobs getting any gain from a diode well thats sacrilege. But they will turn around and slam the front of a vintage Marshall with a tube screamer (diodes transisters ect.)

Comment

Originally posted by toxikdeth View Post
                              Neither of those guys mod anymore. I know scott never modded 2 channel heads.

those are the only guys I could remember. I try to stay away from modded amps.

Comment

Working...
                              X