PC recording.. Mixer Q?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC recording.. Mixer Q?

I want to be able to hook everything up and stop changing cables around (guitar, bass, vocals) so from what I understand, I need to get a mixer to hook up and leave hooked up. Need something simple just for my home stuff. Got: PC with Cubase SX3 and Echo MIA soundcard (play around with Audacity for quick stuff and now Reason as well but haven't used it yet), Tascam US122L (got for for MIDI in/out for POD but use XLR for mic now too), POD 2.3, Event 20/20 BAS monitors, Sennheiser monitor phones, GLS mic. Problem is, I used to run the POD into the MIA and the MIA to the monitors. Now I'm using the mic for acoustic, vocals, and to mic cabs. I use the US122L's XLR for all micing but can't run the monitors off it without going through usb, through PC to the MIA and having HUGE delay (latency), US122L only has RCA outputs and a phone Jack and I hate wearing phones... Basically, if I get something simple (and VERY VERY cheap) like a Behringer Xenyx or Eurorack (802 probably), that should fit my needs?? Any others better in that price range ($50-80-ish) before I go get one?
    Thanks
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

The latency is not from the mixer, it's from the MIA. You should have a latency setting (or ASIO driver setting) for the card you can adjust.

I run everything into a Rolls RM203x line mixer into a SB Audigy II Platinum Pro using the RCA outs of the Rolls via a dual RCA to 1/8" stereo cable (iPod-type accessory cable) with a 1/8" to 1/4" headphone adaptor into the Line In of the Audigy and have no detectable latency.

The Audigy is an external box with its own dedicated card in the PC.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Well, then for whatever reason, when I use the US122L and set it for input and the MIA for output (monitors) there's about a 2 second delay as I'm playing. Only does it when I'm going through the US122L. No matter what, I want to get a cheap mixer to keep everything hooked up and stop swapping cables around when I want to play something else.
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
      X