Jake E Lee-more than one White Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake E Lee-more than one White Strat?

I know that Jake's white "charvel" strat is really a fender.
    Why is there no talk of this one?:think:
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Side jack, one humbucker, and non painted headstock charvel.

That was his "1/2 step down" guitar...been talked about quite a bit in the past. IIRC it is actually very light blue, not white...anybody else know for sure?

When I saw him in Pittsburgh on this tour I could swear he played some type of black Strat in addition to his white "Charvelized" Strat...anyone else recall seeing something similar? I've never seen a pic of that guitar so I wonder if:
    a) I've lost my mind
    b) It was a "stand in" for that gig
    c) It was a different color and just looked black on stage to my drunken teenage eyes

Comment

I guess I didn't read back far enough. I seen pictures of a maroon charvel strat with a black pickguard, but I don't remember black until he went to ESP.

Comment

yeah it's light blue but looks white in some pics
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

There's this one as well:
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by darrellm View Post
            That's his blue burst Charvel. He had a really cool purple burst also.

Comment

Why does everyone in the USA love Jake E Lee so much? The Ozzy albums he's on were alright, but I don't understand what all the hype is about. He doesn't really stick out in the way EVH or Dime did, yet you guys all seem to love him?
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                Why does everyone in the USA love Jake E Lee so much? The Ozzy albums he's on were alright, but I don't understand what all the hype is about. He doesn't really stick out in the way EVH or Dime did, yet you guys all seem to love him?
                Almost nobody in the history of guitar has stood out like EVH (at least since Hendrix) so that's not much of a comparison.

After that it just comes down to personal taste. I think Jake broke at the right time...LA guitar "heroes" were becoming a bigger thing at that point riding the wake of Eddie and Randy (Lynch, Dimartini, Jake, etc), not to mention the publicity involved with taking over Randy's gig. All of that led to Jake being very popular among those of us who were coming of age in the early to mid 80's. It didn't hurt that the guy had great chops and a killer presence...I'll place his Bark at the Moon solo head and shoulders above anything that Dime ever did (and I dig Dime).

On top of that, he's an extremely cool guy if you ever get the chance to hang out and bs with him.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
                  listen to the first two badlands albums.
                  Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Here's yet another one... I believe it was candy apple red and a single hum:

Comment

Here's yet another one... I believe it was candy apple red and a single hum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AWZh...eature=related
                      post #3 I called it maroon(my monitor is on the dark side)

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post

+1

Comment

Originally posted by clifffclaven View Post
                          really

that's like, elemental
                          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                          X