Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMartini records a solo for the new record....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini records a solo for the new record....

I didn't see this posted anywhere on here, but if it was, apologies in advance:

Warren DeMartini of RATT in the studio recording solo for RATT song Lost Weekend from RATT's 2010 release "Infestation".June 2009.Record released on Roadrunn...

awesome, can't wait for the new one, he's probably the best pure rock guitarist LIVE I've ever seen, he's the David Gilmour of hair metal
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Warren is the man! Thanks.

Comment

One of my main influences!

Comment

Awesome! Can't wait for the new one!

Comment

That was sick man, Warren is one of my favorite players of all time.

Comment

That was really cool, first time I ever listened to anything by Ratt.
              http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

(put on flame suit) I am not overly impressed at the solo from the standpoint of melody in comparison to his old stuff. now I think Lynch suffers from this as well. where is that old creativity? its all just a shitload of notes showing off a bunch of technique jammed into 30 seconds nowadays. all these great old players are capable of SO much better IMO. I really think they need to focus more on the SONG. the solo should have a melody of its own.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Meh, I thought the solo was cool. And the H-S Charvie was even cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                    (put on flame suit) I am not overly impressed at the solo from the standpoint of melody in comparison to his old stuff. now I think Lynch suffers from this as well. where is that old creativity? its all just a shitload of notes showing off a bunch of technique jammed into 30 seconds nowadays. all these great old players are capable of SO much better IMO. I really think they need to focus more on the SONG. the solo should have a melody of its own.
                    Gotta agree with you here, man. I'm far from impressed with this solo of his. I like Warrens playing on a few of the Ratt albums, but a lot of those 80's guys really lost their chops.
                    Originally posted by horns666
                    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

yea, its like they all lost their creativity somehow. the stuff they churn out now is just a bunch of notes flying around in a blender. no soul, no flow, no melody. just a buncha shit crammed into 12 bars and punch the time clock and call it good.

I dont get it. where did their creativity go??
                      "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                        I agree aswell. Their is something missing here that the older stuff had IMO, but there is an age difference, back then they were on top of the world so to speak and alot of the older players are sober now. Not sure what if any of this would matter but since I've been sober (10 year) I play differently, I don't even care to play leads anymore unless I really have to. Is it a change in mindset for them? I know it is for me. I'm glad to see them doing something though, that's cool as hell. Who's to say that's a final take too.
                        Last edited by tomanyjacksons; 10-26-2009, 09:31 AM.
                        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

fuck melody, Warren plays with attitude and that's what rock music needs.
                          bunch of licks throw together... cool.. sounds like what Warren did even during his prime.. like the awesome main solo in "Hard Time"
                          also gotta love the comment about losing chops considering even this day Warren is one of the cleanest players live
                          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Warren is a kickass guitarist. Endrik is right, he has attitude in his playing. He has no attitude at all the two times I've met him. Very down to earth and a credit to Charvel for having him. Warren is also one of those guys who I have a hard time faking his stuff when I play it. I just can't sound Warren'ish without basically copying him.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

While not exactly fretboard pyrotechnics, I thought he played a nice melodic solo there. You know the kind that 40,000 Brazilian kids would sing note for note when he plays it live in front of them. His intonation on the bends was flawless and his vibrato is great.

Warren has never been a sweep player or even that technical. When I think of him I think of awesome legato runs, slow bends, and killer vibrato. If you want crazy tapping and sweeps you are watching the wrong video.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X