Jeff Hannemans' soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinBarre1 View Post
    Is there a correlation between Slayer turning shit, and Jeff starting to use ESP instead of Jackson?
    Hah, trick question...they were always shit
    Obviously they've done something right as they continue to have a strong fan following...I never really got into them aside from the occasional tune here and there.

Comment

Is there a correlation between Slayer turning shit, and Jeff starting to use ESP instead of Jackson?
      i think there the only 80's thrash band that keep bringing out good new albums
      "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

I like Slayer, a lot, but it amazes me people watch videos looking for little glimpses of a certain guitar.
        Crazy. It's not like Jeff or Kerry have a good guitar tone, they've sounded like crap since the late 80's.
        i see your point with the solo's there not needed and are not good . but the rhythm is insane my hand would fall of trying to play a concert every night like they do
        "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Originally posted by gotwtt View Post
          i think there the only 80's thrash band that keep bringing out good new albums
          There's still Overkill... they always put out better albums than Slayer. Though, I love Slayer and still buy their stuff... and I need to pick up the new one they put out last week!
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jo160 View Post
            Nice. on the 23rd im of to see them here in England on their european tour. The venue is really small. I cant fucking wait!

Oh no you're not!!
            So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

The upcoming Slayer tours have been pushed back, Tom's got a back injury to take care of before he can go back on tour.

Where Metal Lives! Breaking news, reviews, interviews, audio, and videos... Your hub for metal music.

There's the new schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                Oh no you're not!!
                Just found out

Comment

But I will be off to see them in Feb with Megadeth and Testament in Louisville, KY!

I don't know if Hanneman was ever endorsed by Jackson, but he has had that guitar forever! Even after he signed the ESP deal (around Divine Intervention) he was still using it live. He would use the ESP through some of the show and switch to the Jackson at some point. I guess that is his one perfect axe, we all have a favourite.

Comment

My tickets for Slayer/Megadeth at the Izod Center Feb 11 came the other day...anybody else coming to this show?

Comment

I saw the Hanneman signature ESP last week, hanging in a Sam Ash store. Now, I'm a Slayer fanboy but I wouldn't pay that much for that guitar. The price is way too high IMHO (around $ 4,200 I believe). Besides the price tag, I can't live with the nazi symbols on it. That is the main reason why I will never buy that guitar. If you wanna get close, buy an ESP MII with urban cammo paintjob. I had one.

As for Jeff's Jackson, I can't understand why someone would go through that much trouble to get a resembling copy. It looks cool, but I would save up for a custom shop and/or get your own design.

Oh yeah, their new record rocks!

Comment

Jeff's coolest ESP guitar IMO is the urban camo with the Death's Head inlays, this one

He's got another Heineken logo "Hanneman" guitar too...

Comment

Working...
                        X