Michael Schenker - Rock Bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Schenker - Rock Bottom

No particular reason for posting this, I just found it while surfing the 'tube and figured you'd enjoy it too!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgY_w6M6Fnc

Wow... at 6:00 into it, he just smokes! Thanks for sharing that...
    what a smooth opperator!

Comment

I thought this was going to be a joke about Schenker hitting rock bottom But I agree, he is (was?) awesome.

Comment

The live 80s versions on youtube of Into the Arena are also really awesome. Much more intense than the studio version.

Comment

Its all about the shoes, hehe...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Watch the whole thing. Never once does he use his pinky, plays with 3 fingers only.

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
              I thought this was going to be a joke about Schenker hitting rock bottom But I agree, he is (was?) awesome.
              No, you were thinking about the fact that this was rumoured to be UFO's song about a celebrity AIDS victim, that it was really called "Rock's Bottom".
              So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Cool song, that is really a fun riff to play.
                "We were sitting on the bus one day and there were 5 of us hanging out. There was only one beer left in the cooler and we actually all took a little cup and split it. It was a pathetic day in a rock and roll when five grown men have to be sitting there sharing a beer. "
                Zakk Wylde

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                  No, you were thinking about the fact that this was rumoured to be UFO's song about a celebrity AIDS victim, that it was really called "Rock's Bottom".
                  huh?

Comment

Um,

AIDS+Rock Hudson=Rock's Bottom. Mean anything to you? No? Oh well.....
                    So I woke up,rolled over and who was lying next to me? Only Bonnie Langford!

I nearly broke her back

Comment

Originally posted by Rsmacker View Post
                      Um,

AIDS+Rock Hudson=Rock's Bottom. Mean anything to you? No? Oh well.....
                      I dont think Rock was big in Denmark.

Comment

Michael Schenker's exstended solo on "Rock Bottom" on the 1979 Live album "Strangers in the Night" is one of the best solos in hard rock/metal history!!!

Comment

I have the boot.
                          If you've never seen it or watched it, it be worthwhile to do so.
                          He's great throughout.
                          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

yeah his playing back then was insane.

my all time favorite player.

Gary Barden couldn't hang with Phil's vocal on that one though. *shrug*
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

and yes oddly enough he hardly ever uses his little finger

blew me away when I learned/saw that a few years back
                              the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Working...
                              X