Metallica, 11/14/09 @ MSG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
    Do you guys even see Kirk holding the guitars in that picture?
    He's hiding!
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

What amps are metallica using live these days ??
      I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Originally posted by loose Cannon View Post
        What amps are metallica using live these days ??

I can't verify because the heads were off the cabs hidden & the cabs all had one of their tribal-ish logos and no badges. I'm thinking still Mesas, with Kirk using his sig Roland amp in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
          I can't verify because the heads were off the cabs hidden & the cabs all had one of their tribal-ish logos and no badges. I'm thinking still Mesas, with Kirk using his sig Roland amp in the mix.
          Kirk's got a signature Randall. Didn't know he played Roland.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
            Kirk's got a signature Randall. Didn't know he played Roland.
            The things you don't know are legion, Joe. It may interest you to know that he has a contract to sponsor PSP guitars. That's why Metallica is in Rock Band now.

You ever need info on something you just throw me a PM. We'll get you the info you need all quiet like so you don't seem like you're so out of the loop. :ROTF:

Comment

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Awesome! :ROTF:
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                  Yeah thats why i'm unsure myself as i can't make out what amps there using also and have saw on other forums there using little known amps like KRANK, DIEZEL etc :think:. But that surprises me as i always thought they used MESA live as well.
                  I dont get scared but i do get shocked!!

Comment

Kirk has a 1985 custom Rhoads. So if it's the same guitar the pic is older than '83 obviously.

Anyway, I saw them in July this year and I concur that the new material is a hundred times better than listening to the Rubin-thrashed production on CD !!! It was absolutely awesome and blended perfectly with their old material.
                    It is also true that Trujillo is the closest they will ever get to having Burton back in the band.
                    Actually, live, I don't think anyone would've noticed a difference. But of course his songwriting will be gone forever.
                    I honestly believe this, having seen them play the whole Puppets album from start to finish in 2008. The bass-solo on Orion was every-note-perfected, totally awesome. You could hear the "swoosh" of 20.000 peoples' worth of neck hairs standing up simultaneously when he pulled that off.

Got my tickets to see them in April again, can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                      Kirk has a 1985 custom Rhoads. So if it's the same guitar the pic is newer than '83 obviously.
                      Fixed

Originally posted by axeman81 View Post
                      The bass-solo on Orion was every-note-perfected, totally awesome. You could hear the "swoosh" of 20.000 peoples' worth of neck hairs standing up simultaneously when he pulled that off.
                      Nice!
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                      X