Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie James Dio fighting stomach cancer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronnie James Dio fighting stomach cancer...

Straight from the RJD website:

Here is the latest update from Wendy Dio:

"Ronnie has been diagnosed with the early stages of stomach cancer. We are starting treatment immediately at the Mayo Clinic. After he kills this dragon, Ronnie will be back on stage, where he belongs, doing what he loves best, performing for his fans.

How old is he? 64? All the best for him..he seems like an honest
    good person, who has given everything to metal! A God for sure imo..

Comment

Born July 10, 1942, so he's 67...

Comment

All the best to him and the treatment!

Comment

damn...wish em the best Dio has always rocked

Comment

I posted a thread on this one a week or so ago on the Non-j/c forum as well.

The "good" thing is this cancer when caught early has a better than 50% survival rate.
            Last edited by Hellbat; 11-27-2009, 05:35 PM. Reason: speeling erur
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Burns View Post
              How old is he? 64? All the best for him..he seems like an honest
              good person, who has given everything to metal! A God for sure imo..

Yeah for sure.

Good luck Ronnie get well quick.

Comment

Dang I hope he gets well.So he's here in MN at the Mayo huh? Maybe I should try to go down and see him...Bet they would not let me near him...HA
                H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I hope he gets back to making really great songs with really bad videos soon...

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                    I hope he gets back to making really great songs with really bad videos soon...
                    What are these videos you speak of???

I purchased something called music television, I was so excited I also bought mtv2. In my exuberance I also got (maybe Van Halen??) vh1 and 2 and classic and soul an etc, etc ...
                    I've got fuse and have yet to see these video's ????

Do you mean Dio was on cribs(that would be cool), or road rulz, or some jackass shit???

On the real tip, Ronnie James is a musical legend and influence on many! Wishing him and his family the best through the rough times ahead
                    Enjoying a rum and coke, just didn't have any coke...

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
                      What are these videos you speak of???
                      Haha, yeah they are sort of a thing of the past, aren't they? The good ones, anyway. I first started listening to DIO in the mid 90's after a coworker I shared an office with blasted "Dream Evil" every day. Although really digging this newly discovered stuff, I kinda felt like I was living in the past a bit with it. Then, in 2000 he put out Magica...and it was a dream come true! Here was a kickass new album with Goldie and a world tour. I made the trip down to Atlanta and he blew me away!

He never did make any videos for Magica, though. Just not his bag, I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                        Dang I hope he gets well.So he's here in MN at the Mayo huh? Maybe I should try to go down and see him...Bet they would not let me near him...HA
                        Ha ya i was thinking I could make the 10 minute drive and see what they say when I ask to see Dio.

Comment

A real shame. Hope he beats it. One of the greatest hard rock/metal vocalists of all time. Saw him when he was fronting Sabbath in the summer of '82. What a show! Great memories.

Comment

Many a great memory of my young life had his music playing in the background.
                            http://www.facebook.com/HairRaidBand

Comment

The C word is always so damn iffy I feel that scientist should have found something, if not alot with it by now, come on we have a fix for some for baldness and if you can't make your sticker peck out there's a pill, but cancer is so slow going. It's awful disheartening, lost 2 family members in the last years time to it.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X