Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronnie James Dio fighting stomach cancer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
    Dang I hope he gets well.So he's here in MN at the Mayo huh? Maybe I should try to go down and see him...Bet they would not let me near him...HA
    Hey hey. Real name is Ronald Padavona, try that one! Let us know how it goes!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah he's been one of my favorites from my childhood. One of the very best voices and all. Hope he recovers and makes more albums.

Comment

Good luck to Ronnie.

Saw him the first time on the Last in Line tour (with Twisted Sister?) in the mid-80s. That was well before youtube obviously so I had no idea how little the guy was.

But he could sure belt it out in his 6" heel boots.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Originally posted by Jayster View Post
          What are these videos you speak of???

I purchased something called music television, I was so excited I also bought mtv2. In my exuberance I also got (maybe Van Halen??) vh1 and 2 and classic and soul an etc, etc ...
          I've got fuse and have yet to see these video's ????
          Apparently you don't watch very closely. Turn on VH1 Classic's Metal Mania and you're guaranteed to see Holy Diver and Rainbow in the Dark almost every weekend. And your chances are pretty good that you'll catch Mystery, Last in Line, Rock and Roll Children, and All the Fools Sailed Away with regular viewing.

Get well Ronnie!!!

Comment

Yup, I was searching around the channels over the weekend at Mom's house and saw the vid for Mystery.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The research effort for cancer treatments have pissed me off for a long time. I've lost many family and friends because of that monster. If I remember correctly, cancer is one of the top killers in the US and still does not get enough funding/resources to make any significant breakthroughs. However, if if it has anything to do with sex...holy shit, call out the cavalry...my 2 cents...;-)
              Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Cancer has hit my family too, just last summer, my sister in law died from it--she was 34. As I understand it, the major problem is that there are many types of cancer that each require their own cure, which means that researchers are looking for not one but a whole bunch of different cures. All things considered, they are pretty successful at treating several types of cancer that would have killed people in the past.

Comment

Working...
                X