Neil Zlozower Book Signing in Los Angeles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil Zlozower Book Signing in Los Angeles

Just a heads up for anyone located in & around Los Angeles. Neil Zlozower is doing a book signing this Saturday. Here's the press release.

Should be fun.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Mr Musichead Gallery Presents
    Rock and Roll Photography Legend Neil Zlozower

A Book Signing for his latest book ‘Six-String Heroes”

WHAT: L.A. photography legend signs copies of his new book that showcases 150 of the greatest guitar players in history

WHERE: Mr Musichead Gallery
    7511 W. Sunset Blvd.
    Hollywood, CA 90046
    323-876-0042

WHEN: Saturday, December 5, 2 – 6 pm

CONTACT: Sam Milgrom, Gallery Director: 323.876.0042, [email protected]
    Jen DiSisto, Event Coordinator: 323.718.1391, [email protected]

With a forty-year career as a top rock and roll photographer, Neil Zlozower has seen and done it all, and then some. Simply stated, if you know anything about music, then you have most certainly heard of “Zloz”. Known around the world for hundreds of magazine and album covers, his images have often solidified the iconic visual images of many music idols and lent the man himself to reach his own legendary rock and roll status.

The most recognized rock photographer from the 70’s and 80’s, Zlozower toured extensively with Van Halen and Motley Crue and in their heyday. These raucous experiences lent to Zlozower’s two previously released books, both aptly titled A Visual History, and published by Chronicle Books in 2008 and 2009 respectively. Zlozower’s Fuck You: Rock and Roll Portraits was also released by Chronicle Books in 2008 and features a veritable rock and roll hall of fame of musicians such as Guns N’ Roses, Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Poison, and Zackk Wylde flipping Zlozower the bird as a playful celebration of rock and roll attitude. With a studio located in the heart of Hollywood since the 70’s, Zloz is a guy that remains true to his L.A. roots.

His newest release, Six-String Heroes (Chronicle Books), is a stripped down collection of live, candid and studio shots of 150 of the greatest guitar players to ever live. The book is a must have for every guitar enthusiast and anyone who knows one. The dynamic assortment of players includes Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Beck, John Frusciante, Les Paul, Slash, Joe Satriani, Dimebag Darrell, Chuck Berry, Zackk Wylde, Tom Waits, Ratt, and countless others. Six-String Heroes features a foreword by Steve Vai and includes text from countless unpublished interviews throughout the book by music journalist Steven Rosen. The December book event co-sponsored by Guitar Center will feature all of Zlozower’s books. Fine art photographs of famous Zlozower images will be on display.

Zloz has invited MANY special friends to the event…with him it’s clear that this could mean anyone and everyone, and clearly it’s sure to be a great time!!!

Neil Zlozower is a featured artist at Mr Musichead Gallery. Opened in 1998, Mr Musichead Gallery is LA’s first gallery devoted to featuring a vast collection of album cover art, poster art, fine art and photography that chronicles rock and roll’s rich heritage. Past exhibits have included the Art of Jerry Garcia, fine art exhibits with Incubus front man Brandon Boyd and British illustration legend Alan Aldridge, and a Hendrix album cover photography show with Karl Ferris. Owner and founder Sam Milgrom established himself in Detroit as a cutting edge, influential music retailer and live concert venue owner who has now set his sights specifically on the LA music/art scene.
    Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Originally posted by Hellraiser6502 View Post
    Zlozower’s Fuck You: Rock and Roll Portraits
    Awesome title!

Short notice; I am getting some work done on my teeth that day, but it sounds like fun, maybe I can make a train / subway day of it!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

i've seen the fuck you book in the store, but wish it was full size.
      curt, are you going to this? i got the motley book he put out recently, and it's fucking great. i was looking for this book the other day and haven't found it yet.

zloz is the shit.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Pretty cool

Yeah, I did go....just got back.

Neil ALWAYS brings out his famous friends for these things. Pretty cool event that was packed with a line out the door the entire time. They sold a ton of books.

Partial List of people there.

Slash, Steve Lukather, Paul Gilbert, Jimmy DeAnda (Bullet Boys), Phil Sandoval & Joey Vera(Armored Saint), Tracii Guns and Billy Sheehan.
        Kahler...Killing guitar values DEAD since 1981.

Comment

Couldn't make it; was under the dentist's drill in Brea. Then I played a short gig in Long Beach at this totally skeevy bar where the only 4 chicks in the joint all hit on me

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Couldn't make it; was under the dentist's drill in Brea. Then I played a short gig in Long Beach at this totally skeevy bar where the only 4 chicks in the joint all hit on me

You sure they were really chicks? :ROTF:
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

OK, one of 'em had chin whiskers but the other 3 were definitely female! Ahahaha!

Comment

Saw this on the Racer X boards, thought it was pretty cool.

Guitar Maestro Paul Gilbert says a few words about Neil Zlozower at Neil's book signing in Hollywood, CA
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Working...
                X