Dare I Say, He's Better Than Vai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dare I Say, He's Better Than Vai...

I think so and I would also argue he's this generation's SRV...

The tag solo on this is sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhCqEfkKa5s

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
    Not sure I'm in to who is better than who, but all I can say is WOW. He is incredible.

Comment

I agree, Vai is awesome too, but other than DLR/Whitesnake his style of music doesn't interest me all that much. I prefer the bluesy feel that Richie has, and I have always preferred vocals over instrumental stuff.

Comment

Great tele action. Guy is world class obviously with everything he is doing in that video.

Better than Vai...who can really say. Vai seemed to have a splashier entrance on the music scene when the world desperately needed some guitar heroes with his flash and technique. I love Vai's Alcatrazz and DLR stuff, but shy away from the solo stuff for the most part.
        Jackson KV2
        Jackson KE1T
        Jackson KE1F
        Jackson SL1

Comment

Amazing guitar work. I agree on the tough to compare between artists...
          Dude has talents!
          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
          --floydkramer

Comment

Yeah I saw this the other day... bought the album the instant I heard it. The album is pretty good, though this is definitely the best track on it.

Comment

Always liked Richie. This is just insane. Very cool groove, smooth vox and unreal shredding. Gotta pick this one up!

Comment

It's always been very apparent to me that Richie is a natural talent and can pick up anything and make it sound good. As far as song writting, tone, feel, "shred", I think he blows Vai away. I'm also not the biggest fan of Vai though and I don't really get his playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xgs9jOZzcQ
                Originally posted by horns666
                The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Impressive! Anyone remember that ghey video he did with the dancing, though? I can't find it on SpewTube. Post the link puleeeeze!

Comment

the Jesus has arrived!

btw. why compare a whacky futuristic sounding guitar wizard with blues and soul based multi instrumentalist?
                    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Yeah, Richie's pretty fucking amazing - the first thing that he did that blew me away was on the Poison Live dvd where he did this unbelievably fast run across all the strings from the bottom to the top of the neck and back again. just incredible...
                      Popular is not the same as good
                      Rare is not the same as valuable
                      Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I have been saying this for years. This song confirms it.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                          Impressive! Anyone remember that ghey video he did with the dancing, though? I can't find it on SpewTube. Post the link puleeeeze!

Is this the video you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaqZc...om=PL&index=28 Cool tune lousy video , looks like his the days in Poison have not worn off completely , nice makeup and clothes :ROTF:
                          Mike
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------
                          SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post
                            Is this the video you want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaqZc...om=PL&index=28 Cool tune lousy video , looks like his the days in Poison have not worn off completely , nice makeup and clothes :ROTF:
                            WOW! Kotzen is lucky he's still got a career after doing that video. Anyone remember Billy Squier and his video for "Rock me Tonite"? Basically killed his career, and Billy wasn't even wearing makeup!!

Comment

Originally posted by Model 88 View Post

Holy shit!
                              Some guys with that look are blowing the director in between takes.:ROTF:
                              Jackson KV2
                              Jackson KE1T
                              Jackson KE1F
                              Jackson SL1

Comment

Working...
                              X