No announcement yet.

Dare I Say, He's Better Than Vai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL Didn't he get kicked out of Poison for messing with Rikki Rocket's gf/wife?
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      LOL Didn't he get kicked out of Poison for messing with Rikki Rocket's gf/wife?
      Yeah. He fucked the shit out of his fiancee. Talk about pwn.
      Originally posted by horns666
      The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

the guys from Poison used to get a lot of pussy... I mean A LOT... but then came Richie who was the young, dark and cool lookin' kid, he stole most of the chicks, all eyes were on him and on top of that he fucked Rikki's gf... and of course later in Mr.Big he managed to fuck Sheehan's gf but Billy is cool about it.
        "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by P I K A View Post
          ok 1 more here ,I found this last week. just jammin for 6 minutes ,I like the guitar.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7vyFnLvjw&fmt=22
          Someone needs to man up and tell Steve not to go out of the house in his bathrobe.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

I remember someone here once said (I think it was Norton)

"The devil wears Prada... and so does Steve Vai"
            "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wow, this guy is my kinda singer AND player! Thanks for exposing me to this.

Comment

one of my very favorite songs in the last few years http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAW-C9XV894

Comment

Richie kicks azz - check out this jam with Sheehan during his Mr Big stint.

750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
                  Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                    the guys from Poison used to get a lot of pussy... I mean A LOT... but then came Richie who was the young, dark and cool lookin' kid, he stole most of the chicks, all eyes were on him and on top of that he fucked Rikki's gf... and of course later in Mr.Big he managed to fuck Sheehan's gf but Billy is cool about it.

sounds like a peice of shit human being to me, no matter how well he plays

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                      nah, he's cool, actually kinda shy, but since you are prudish you should be cursing the women who can't keep their pants on, he's not forcing them you know

Comment

Richie has also done some cool fusion stuff. He was in a band with Stanley Clarke a decade ago called Vertu. This clip doesn't feature much of Richie's playing, but it's the only one I could find. He played some ripping stuff on the album.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I applaud him for at least "going for it" with that Wave of Emotion video. I mean, if he pulled it off...he could have been the next Prince or something. While we'd be hatin' on him and saying how ghey hey is, he'd be too busy nailing Apollonia look-alikes to the bed to care. He shot for the moon, but...sadly...will have to settle for Ellen Degeneres look-alikes with that miserable effort.

Comment

Vertu is awesome, I listen to that album constantly, it's like an updated version of Return To Forever... well Stanley Clarke and Lenny White are there so that figures
                            And Karen Briggs' violin playing is pretty cool on it. Gives that Jean Luc Ponty's type of feel to it.

It's funny how Richie got that gig, basically Stanley hand picked him (what an honor!!!)
                            They both grew up in Philly area and Stanley really dug his style. And since Stanley is a genius, one of the greatest upright bass and electric virtuosos and also a great classical, jazz, pop and world music composer etc. he had all those arrangements and sheet music ready but Richie coudn't read music at all so Stanley played it on piano and Richie just went on it, not believing he'll get the gig. But Stanley liked his attitude so much. Actually Stanley was trying to work things out with Allan Holdswoth who he considered for the project before hearing Richie.

There's a couple of tunes

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

But one of the crazies guitar playing ever is on the fusion albums he did with Greg Howe.
                            Here's one calmer groover
                            Last edited by Endrik; 12-06-2009, 10:37 PM.

Comment

There is no "better than" Vai.

Once you've reached that level, the level where you can play damn near anything physically possible that's it, there's "as good as" but not better than.
                              Better than is just ones preference, as in i like this guy "better than" that guy.
                              I've listen to Kotzen since his first shrapnel release, his highlight is Electric Joy imo an incredible guitar album all must have.

Comment

Originally posted by gmbob22 View Post
                                and I suppose you play guitar for the music and not for the chicks you could bang. jeez...

Comment

Working...
                                X