Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trem View Post
    There is no "better than" Vai.

Once you've reached that level, the level where you can play damn near anything physically possible that's it, there's "as good as" but not better than.
    Better than is just ones preference, as in i like this guy "better than" that guy.
    I've listen to Kotzen since his first shrapnel release, his highlight is Electric Joy imo an incredible guitar album all must have.
    No. Go to MI or Berklee and check out some of the teachers there. That will change your opinion in a heart beat.
    Originally posted by horns666
    The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

Killer! loved that..

Comment

Well, Kotzen is now one of my favorite players. He has everything, can play any style, and he in NOT boring. Also does not fit to the definition :"Maybe he is not that technical but he has the fee" oh NO he is fuckin technical as well!

Comment

That was really good - thanks for posting!

Ritchie Kotzen is a monster. I'd sooner listen to his stuff than anything Steve Vai's done since DLR.

Stevie's one of the greatest ever, no doubt, and he can play just about anything. But he plays everything sounding like Steve Vai, which is kinda cool I guess, but doesn't work for me...
          And I never really cared for all the "mystical" bull either.

Another excuse to post this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bXl5AwX8Q
          Last edited by Snoogans; 12-07-2009, 01:16 PM.

Comment

He's good but to say better than Vai I would say no.

Comment

When I first saw the vid, the first thing that came to my head was "so simple a caveman can do it."

Great song.
              Last edited by stevoc; 12-08-2009, 01:42 AM.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

he is the bass player
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
                  he is the bass player
                  Oops! couldn't tell...they all look the same.
                  "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I've always liked Richie even in Poison. This video just proves his talent. I need to go buy more Kotzen now. As for Vai I like his stuff and he is an extremely talented guitar player. However his more eccentric style i can only take in small doses. Kotzen and Satch and EVH i can listen to all day long Cus theyre much more tasteful and musical than most of Vais stuff. Just sayin.
                    Gil

Comment

Talented, yes...but he's a complete ass in person. Our paths used to cross occasionally back in the day. I haven't seen him since the early 90's though...perhaps he's not a huge douche anymore???
                      Last edited by Rupe; 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM.

Comment

i was more impressed by the bass solo tbh
                        Say, I smell bacon.Does anyone else smell bacon?
                        Yeah, I definitely smell a pork product of some type.

Comment

I always felt that his tenure with Mr. Big was a little uninspired. Maybe it was my personal expectations. I liked some of the songs that were produced with Kotzen, but not as much as the ones with Gilbert.

As far as Poison goes, that band had a habit of replacing CC with guys who were light-years better than him. After Kotzen's "girlfriend-gate" they hired Blues Saraceno for the spot.

Now the more I hear of Kotzen's solo stuff, the more I think I need to break down and get it for myself.
                          Occupy JCF

Comment

Cool video, he's a great drummer too apparently.
                            Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

He has some instructional video's that are absolutely mind blowing. His technique and mastery of different styles is extremely impressive. I have always been a fan.

Comment

Well he shouldnt sing! LOL... but Vai is the ultimate Showman hands down..."London Astoria" concert proves that. But Kotzen is the shit!
                                This generations SRV? Come on man! Derek Trucks might argue
                                that with you!

Comment

Working...
                                X