Dare I Say, He's Better Than Vai...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snoogans View Post
    That was really good - thanks for posting!

Ritchie Kotzen is a monster. I'd sooner listen to his stuff than anything Steve Vai's done since DLR.

Stevie's one of the greatest ever, no doubt, and he can play just about anything. But he plays everything sounding like Steve Vai, which is kinda cool I guess, but doesn't work for me...
    And I never really cared for all the "mystical" bull either.

Another excuse to post this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2bXl5AwX8Q

absolutely mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
      absolutely mind blowing.
      That Billy Sheehan ain't bad neither!
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Well....since it was posted, and I like all of you, I to am full of opinions...

There is no doubt the guy can play...But the whole "Look at me...I play everything" video just screams DOUCH!

Even the solo (cool solo too) he is going out of his way to "look" so "ho hum...I do this shit in my sleep"

He even has a different look for every instrument. Pehaps he is dicking the video producer and its all her idea!

The song didn't grab me, and I doubt he will ever write one that gets him the attention he seems to crave.

I like a show man...Thats what rock n roll is about...But RK has always given me the douch chills.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

Awesome.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7rWJA58c-8

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            and I suppose you play guitar for the music and not for the chicks you could bang. jeez...
            That's not the point. More like "Bros before hos", "Don't shit where you eat" than chicks per se. There are usually plenty of applicants, why fuck with the bandmates' girlfriends?

Imagine how embarrassing it would be to have Rikki Rocket beat your ass for screwing his girl! :ROTF: I guess Rikki was too much of a puss to thump him for it though.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat View Post
              That's not the point. More like "Bros before hos", "Don't shit where you eat" than chicks per se. There are usually plenty of applicants, why fuck with the bandmates' girlfriends?

Imagine how embarrassing it would be to have Rikki Rocket beat your ass for screwing his girl! :ROTF: I guess Rikki was too much of a puss to thump him for it though.
              My point was the posters response. He seemed shocked that something like that would happen and that playing in a band is supposed to be about the music and the creativity. I say bullshit. 99.9% of metal or rock band members start of being in it for the chicks. You want to know what the difference between a crap gig and a great gig is? Its the girls. You could have 100 screaming dudes at a gig and consider it ok but you could have 10 hot girls in the front row and its a killer show.
              I don't know who coined the phrase but SEX DRUGS and ROCK AND ROLL pretty much sums it up. Nowadays the drugs might not be so popular but the Sex and Rock and Roll will never die.
              When I was touring the east coast (for around 5 years) with a metal band our band had a few motto's and rules.
              #1. Smiling gets the trim. Nobody likes a sad sack
              #2. No steady girlfriends and if you do have one she is open game to any other band members because she isn't going to be around for long anyway.
              #3. The band members stay together when we are out on the road. Most of the time we would share 1 hotel room. We also had a few sure thing girls in almost every town that would put us up, feed us, F us and totally appreciate the music.
              Nowadays it seems that musicians have feelings. I just don't understand that one. My band wasn't even that popular. We did alot of touring but mainly we were the opening act for the majors in the area or nationals coming through. With that said.. we lived the rock star lifestyle without even being close to rock stars. Girls would actually ask me where our tour bus was. It was comical.
              #3.

Comment

Working...
              X